PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Lawn and Garden Services, Inc. Equipment

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Upon no ones request i am posting pictures of my 2007 Fleet picture. There are many other little hand tools that i didn't have time to put into the picture. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments.

'03 Ford Ranger Edge- 4.0L 4X4
12X7 Trailer
'03 eXmark Lazer Z 27HP 60"
Echo Trimmer
Echo Shred n' Vac
Echo Backpack Blower
Troy-bilt 2200 PSI pressure washer
Scott's Standard Broadcast spreader
One very used True- Temper wheel barrow.

Adam

mkwl
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Looking good!:waving:

Only one problem though- you're driving a Ford- j/k!

lifetree
03-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Is that your house in the picture ?

lawnguy268
03-27-2007, 10:06 PM
very nice i like the side gate on that trailer..

DBL
03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
looks nice i like the very used wheel barrow

troblandscape
03-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Looks Great, Keep working hard.

mkwl
03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
looks nice i like the very used wheel barrow

You think that's very used, you should see my wheelbarrows LOL!:laugh:

Lawn Enforcer
03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey, nice trailer man!
(My trailer pictured below)

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks. I have been paying off the mower since i got it, so didn't have cash to put into building racks on it or what not. I'm going to be putting sides on it this weekend. Yes that is my house, why does it matter, lol.

adam

PearceLawn
03-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Nice stuff and unlike mkwl-ESPECIALLY THE FORD!!LOL

Seriously- it looks great. I use my Edge for pulling my stuff around also and I love it. The equipment is great too so good luck with it and stay safe.

Budget
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey Adam lawn, is that Pa. International trailer? I Have one that looks like that too, but my deck was painted. Nice set up there!

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I think it was a carry-on. I got it at TSC, great price for it, only like 1449.
thanks,

adam

mow & snow
03-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Nice set up! How many gated yards do you do?

lawnboy150
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
dood....that sign on the side of the trailer HAS to go...IMO it would look better without it....its not very professional...not a flame--just an observation..

razor1
03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice rig!

How does the truck handle when towing? :weightlifter:

DeereHauler
03-28-2007, 07:41 PM
those trailers are nice, i just retired the same exact one. just watch the gates. the expanded metal, or mesh, doesn't hold up. its welded under the rail, rather than on top, causing the tack welds to break, and your gate goes to crap. it can be prevented if you watch your step.

good luck this season.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a yard that is gated that is like sort of grass and dirt that the guy uses his old walk behind to do because it's such bad grass. He likes to do it because he used to do mowing. The walk behind i take for a commercial account of mine that has grass islands.

My old trailer had a mesh deck and i put a plywood board on top. The deck on this one is really sturdy, the gates do have me really worried.

The truck handles fine. It's interesting driving with a trailer that's wider than the truck. Although, the truck has a lot of power and can pull the mowers fine, takes a while to get going on the high way, but good.

What flame sign are you talking about?

lawnboy150
03-28-2007, 09:03 PM
sorry man....not your trailer....the lawn enforcer one..

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh, i am probably going to put a sign on my side and back gates, but not that big. I though you might have been talking about on my truck underneath the bed box, it says EDGE in orange letters but hard to tell, i thought you were talking about that. I also thought you were talking about a flame not a sign.:hammerhead: long day. Hey lawn enforcer, can you get that big WB down that side gate? i have been worried about that.

adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I mine as well post some pics of my work. The mowing ones are from the end of last year from when i got my Exmark. There are some mulching ones too, that i did like 2 years ago. Haven't taken any new ones lately, there is one job though i want to get after pictures of when we finish the next phase this year. I have the before need the afters though.

thanks,

adam

Lawn Enforcer
03-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Answering Adam's question here. I do have the Toro 44" Hydro that I drive up the side, but it is steep so I kind of have to push down on the handles so it gets the deck up in the air and then I can drive it up and down.
Also, I would like to know what flame sign you are talking about? You may be talking about the GRASS under the sign. I'm on a tight budget and I had to paint my own signs, plus, I will only be using the number on the trailer for only a year or two so I didn't think it paid to have professional signs made. So that is it, and it is staying on the trailer. I don't need some fancy signs to get business, I just need my number on their so people stop asking me while I'm mowing for my number. The quality of my jobs I do shows I am a professional and do a good job. Not my trailers signs. Sorry, Adam for having to post this in your thread.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
No prob. The flame i think he meant was saying no flame as in no insult, i read it wrong. I thought we were talking about my pic at first. He was talking about the signs on the gates of your trailers. Is that what they are?

adam

TGM
03-28-2007, 10:10 PM
adam, do any of your customers complain about you not bagging? i'd be interested in buying a beller mower if it wasn't such a problem in the northeast.

Lawn Enforcer
03-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah, he was talkin' about my trailer, not yours. Did you say you have a walk behind or are you going to buy one?

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-28-2007, 10:21 PM
What is a "beller" mower? Is that a brand or a type?

Bagging- Bagging is nice with leave clean up, especially at my commercial account. Problem is disposing of the clippings. My dad wouldn'tlet me keep them becuase of disposal when he used to drive me around. Now i am going to throw them in the back of the truck. Or in the dumpster at commercial stops. Baggers are nice though with properties that have alot of garden beds or right after you mulched. I had one on my old cub, but it sucked. The ultra-vacs are nice for exmarks. I'm gonna get one sometime in the spring. But a discharge cover will come first to protect from shooting stones or getting grass in beds. Some people might complain if there is clumps and what not, which the ultra cut doesn't do. So not really any complaints, people do like them if they are having parties or to prevent mulch in the beds. But there are easier solutions. Plus, you just have to explain that side-discharge and mulching mower decks help the grass alot more.

sorry so long,

adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Lawn enforcer,

I have the toro shown in the pic. But i am going to try to buy an old 36" off a client of mine that he kept from when he used to do commercial mowing.

adam

TGM
03-31-2007, 08:52 AM
i don't know know what a beller mower is...:hammerhead: i meant belly.. mid-mount deck. sorry.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-31-2007, 03:05 PM
nice job adams lawn and garden!

flairland
04-06-2007, 09:08 PM
hey adam,
your stuff looks real good! i believe its important to keep a clean image - do you cut grass fulltime? i don't know how you keep it all that tidy!

Adam's Lawn and Garden
04-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I do it part time while in high school. This is our first year incorporated and tax paying. I have been doing it for 5 years before this. We currently have 10 residentials and one commercial. There is one more commercial that i am basically going to get, the guy that i need to talk to has really weird hours though. There is another commercial job i am waiting to here back on that i bidded on. I will have some mowing and mulching pics tomorrow.

Adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I have some new pics that i took last night. The before ones are better then there are the after ones that i had to take real quick for a school project. Better after ones will eventually come. I also mowed that account, but it was a few days after i mowed so it's not as strong a look.

adam

mosmgras
04-11-2007, 07:50 PM
How do you like that side load ramp on the trailer?

Equipment looks great!

Adam's Lawn and Garden
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
the side ramp is okay. It is nice for a push mower, but you have to lift it up to get it down, since it's so steep. It is the same length as the back one, but with the front hooked up to the truck sets it up higher.

adam

Idealtim
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I worked for another company a few years back that pulled a 18' landscape trailer with a 2005 fx4 ranger 4.0. Even with two lazers, a turf tracer, and a 36 wb on it, the ranger still pulled incredibly well. Given that we had electric brakes and never went on the highway, even so I would of thought the truck would be dead in 2 weeks, but in fact I just saw him last week towing the same rig with no major repairs yet. Gotta love ford, just watch the tongue weight on the 1/4 tons.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I had the trailer loaded with 4 yards of wet mulch, and the trailer was fine, it was full but fine. The truck though wasn't bottomed out, but was LOW. The chains were dragging. I took my mowing rig on the highway on saturday and it pulls fine, set it to cruise and was going fine at 70-75. Bumps get a little interesting, and acceleration can be slow. But the engine definetly has a big engine for the frame. I can't believe pulling two lazers and all that other stuff with this. I'm just happy i got this trailer instead of a 16 footer. Below is a pic of my back yard i snapped eariler for another school project. The stripes are from saturday, while i was testing how to stripe the best.

adam

Mowman16
04-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Beautiful, I like the truck and mower. Good stripes too.:cool2:

porter lawncare
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
i love the ford

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
It has been a while since i have updated this thread. We have added tons of equipment this season, along with tuning our operations for performance. Here is a quick pic i snapped one day of our new truck, same trailer and equipment for a school report. The truck has the biggest size of the blizzard power plow, we just got a meyers spreader, and a snowblower. I will take a pic of them tomorrow when it is better weather and light out. Enjoy!

deere615
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Looks great, can't wait to see pics of the plow and spreader! What kind of school report are you doing?

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-02-2007, 08:43 PM
It was for my Graduation Exit Project(GEP). You basically have to create a product on a career you're interested in. The product isn't actually a product, it's more of an illustration. Like there was someone who interested in photography so he did an iMovie of photos he took. Mine was a business plan. Then to help me in my presentation i had one of those big trifold boards that i put pics of the company on. This was one i took real quick, mainly because i didn't have time to get both trucks and all the other stuff in one place at one time and clean it and take a pic. I intended on taking good pics, but don't have time.

Adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
The truck is a 1999 F-350. It has a V-10 Triton with about 59K miles on it. Its got the truckcraft aluminum bed on it, which came with the truck. Apparently, the guy that sold it to me, his company plows for the main health care provider in my area. When the guy was backing up at the one lot, i guess he backed into a trailer to a tractor trailer that was in the parking lot, and wripped the pick up style bed right off the frame. So instead of spending a bunch to fix it, he just bought the aluminum bed. It didn't hurt the frame at all though.

Adam

G.M.Landscaping
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I love that truck. That alum. flatbed is sweet.

Post more pics of your truck.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I will. It's a pain though because i have to resize them all, but now i know how to do it. The flatbed is sort of dirty looking because the guy that had it before had a v-box which he spread rock salt out off, so it left some corrosion on the bed. It didn't actually eat away at it, just left some like salt deposits on it.

Adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Here are some pictures i took when i first went to look at the truck.

Adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Some more pictures.

deere615
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
That is a nice looking truck inside and out.

lifetree
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
That is a nice looking truck inside and out.

Yes, it is a very nice truck !!

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
It's a champ! I got a great deal for it too. It's got a skid of ice melt on the back and it handles it like nothing.

Adam

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Some of you were curious the snow equipment we run.

We have a:
Meyers Jr. Spreader.
Snapper 8526 Snowblower
Blizzard Power Plow

Adam

tcalb2
12-23-2007, 08:30 AM
I like the truck that bed is sharp. niec setup

TomberLawn
12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
From a Ranger to a F-350, that's quite an improvement, even though I did like the Ranger. That 350 looks really good, and only 59,000 miles is great for its age. Great looking set up and lawns.

DaughtryLC
12-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Adam nice equip.! Is there still alot of yard sales in PA, man, when i was a kid we visited my aunt and yard saled like crazy!! later

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
There was alot of yard sales this year! I still do have the ranger, mainly because it is better on gas. The F-350 drinks gas like it's nothing. Besides that it is a great truck. I have to get new tires for it to plow with, the ones on there have little tread left.

Adam

PerfectEarth
12-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Nice set up. Speaking of tread wear, you'd better see about some USDOT#'s on that truck.

PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING
12-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey, nice trailer man!
(My trailer pictured below)

NOW DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE ROOM ON THAT TRAILOR:laugh:

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-23-2007, 06:39 PM
What do I need DOT #'s for?

Adam

PerfectEarth
12-23-2007, 10:57 PM
What do I need DOT #'s for?

Adam

To keep DOT off your butt!! :) -Your 350 has a GVWR of over 10,000# alone (not to mention your trailer) and is used comercially. You need one.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
12-24-2007, 09:29 AM
We do have a DOT sticker up in the corner of the registration.