PDA

View Full Version : Earning their groceries: Lawn folk doing it now.

mdvaden
03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Having been out of the country clubs, and landscape mowing, since about 1989, I can easily forget about spring.

But as the grass has been growing at lightning speed the past 2 weeks, I've been watching the lawn mowers humping it on their mowers.

If anybody is earning their groceries around here the past two weeks, its definitely the lawn mowing maintenance workers.

At least once per year, their example reminds me of the workload I once experienced.

Its like the green counterpart to tax season for a CPA.

marckxman
03-28-2007, 01:17 AM
I like being busy but it's also when the bass start biting.

That's what hurts the most.

chipk1
03-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Extended vaction here. Dry and windy. Lawns are slow to wake this spring. It is coming soon though. I feel it in my bones!

General Landscaping
03-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Extended vaction here. Dry and windy. Lawns are slow to wake this spring. It is coming soon though. I feel it in my bones!

We got a good soaking last week..... I can tell the green stuff is just itching to go nuts...... like a bullet in a gun.

scchamblee
03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
It is dry here!!!! We have had 1/2 inch sice the begining of the year, and hlf of that came last night.... I am caught up till first of next week.

But the Crappie are bittin so looks like i will be fishing the rest of the week!!!

Good thing I got a closing tommorow on some land. The commision check should keep the lights on for a few more weeks!