PDA

View Full Version : Ever had GM buy a truck back?

HazellLawnCare
03-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Just curious if anyone has had this happen to them? I have an 05 GMC diesel 1 ton dually and I have had nothing but fuel systems problems out of it since day one. My dealer is trying to get them to buy it back. I was just curious if anyone had done anything like this before?

mrusk
03-27-2007, 10:26 PM
I think it will depend on the lemon laws in your state.

mrusk
03-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I think it will depend on the lemon laws in your state.

troblandscape
03-28-2007, 08:27 AM
No I haven't..... but I have had nothing but problems with my 2003 since I bought it new. Here the list.

Steering Wheel Column Makes clunking noise
Truck goes into 4wheel low when driving
Reverse and dome lights don't work (Computer Issue)
Speedo Buried at 120 all the time
Pass door has to be slammed shut
Rough Idle(had the injection service done)
Stalls out sometimes when wheel is turned (Annoying as hell)

Most of these issues started after the warranty ran out, It now has 80,000 Miles on it and my feeling about a new truck is you shouldn't have any issues for five years. This is my 9th Gm truck and I never thought I would say this but I will be looking into Dodge or Ford for the next purchase.

Jamesgateslandscaping
03-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Steering Wheel Column Makes clunking noise

All 3 of my Sierras do that, they are 05, and 2 06's, and its just one of those GM things, they just repack the grease and its fine again...go figure. The other stuff, just try to talk w/ the dealer, I agree fully that stuff like that shouldn't happen anymore because these trucks are built with precision. I have a friend that is a medical engineer, he says the automotive industry is sooo much more precise than the medical field, its just weird...
Good luck, I would def. buy a GM again though, give em' another shot:waving:
James

bobw
03-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Just curious if anyone has had this happen to them? I have an 05 GMC diesel 1 ton dually and I have had nothing but fuel systems problems out of it since day one. My dealer is trying to get them to buy it back. I was just curious if anyone had done anything like this before?

I have not personally had it done, but I do know a couple of people that have gone through the same thing.

One friend had Honda buy their car back after a lot of problems and another had Ford change his truck out.

In general, manufacturers don't like to do it, but they will for goodwill reasons when they find a vehicle that has well documented issues. Eventually an accountant somewhere will realize that getting a person into a new vehicle will be cheaper for the company than continuing on the warranty repairs.

Raven386
03-28-2007, 10:15 AM
All 3 of my Sierras do that, they are 05, and 2 06's, and its just one of those GM things, they just repack the grease and its fine again...go figure. The other stuff, just try to talk w/ the dealer, I agree fully that stuff like that shouldn't happen anymore because these trucks are built with precision. I have a friend that is a medical engineer, he says the automotive industry is sooo much more precise than the medical field, its just weird...
Good luck, I would def. buy a GM again though, give em' another shot:waving:
James

until you drive for another 1000 miles and it starts happening again! ive been in contact with GM a few times now about the lemon law issues. my trans keeps slipping and they wont do anythign about it. FORD here i come!

earthtrends
03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
don't buy a ford with the 6.0. Mine is a 2004 F350 with the 6.0 and it's been in the shop 12 times. From transmission to rear end to engine. I'm on set # 3 on head gaskets. And transmission still slips. I have only 64,000 miles on it. I finally got them to extend my warranty from 36000 miles to 75000 even thought the motor has 100,000 mile warranty on it.

1cooltreeguy
03-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I think all gm trucksafter '04 have that clunkin noise in the steering column. we have 2 that do it and we are taking them in. If you find an issue like this and have them fix while under warranty and then warrenty expires are they still obligated to fix should the problem re-occur?

SouthernYankee
03-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Is the steering wheel noise somewhat like a squeak? mine does that 2005 1500.

mrusk
03-28-2007, 06:30 PM
As much as people bash dodge, i have 36k miles on my 05 cummins, been across the country with it any everything, and it has been trouble free. I am still on my original brakes also. And i tow everyday in the mountains.

I would really hammer down on the dealer or find a new dealer if i had all those proablems.

It really seems like you are screwed no matter what brand truck you buy now.

HazellLawnCare
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
I am not a Ford or Dodge basher by far. As a matter of fact I looked at both brands of trucks today. The truth is that every manufacturer has their share of lemons out there. What bothers me more than anything is that if I do get another truck it wont match all the others. The new GMC's are a different style and the Fords and Dodges for sure look different. You don't know how good all my white GMC's looked together.

troblandscape
03-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Is the steering wheel noise somewhat like a squeak? mine does that 2005 1500.

I wouldn't say it sounds like a squeak more like a clunking sound. But if your is squeaking get it into the dealer before your warranty runs cold.

lawnboy dan
03-28-2007, 09:07 PM
2 words-toyota trundra!

HazellLawnCare
03-28-2007, 09:23 PM
No way on the rice burners. When they come out with a 3/4 or 1 ton with a diesel then you can say something ignorant like that.