PDA

View Full Version : What else could it be?

Hardwareman
03-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Well I rebuilt the Zama carb and it definitely does not stall anymore. I'm the one who chooses to turn it off now thank god, but there is still a bog in there when it's in it's warmed up (final) running position.

The trimmer has these steps:
1. For a cold engine push primer 8-10 times and put lever at position 2. Hold trigger while pulling string to start.
2. For a warm engine put lever at position 3 and hold trigger while pulling string to start.
3. Regular running position is 4.

Now this thing wants to run in position 3 for some reason, or rather it runs it's best in that position. It does run decent in 4, but only for a limited time. The adjustment screw (not idle screw) does seem to help but trimmer quickly goes back to acting up. The problem is a bogging issue. Also, I don't have an air-filter on it right now.

Can someone please tell me what else I can look for here, or do I need to chuck this thing? Thanks.

Allen

khouse
03-28-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't know if you've checked the muffler or spark arrester to see if it's plugged? When the muffler is off have you cleaned the exhaust ports? Have you made sure the fuel tank is venting? Make sure all fuel lines are new and tight. Have you replaced the fuel filter inside the fuel tank?

Hardwareman
03-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Yep, checked the muffler and screen but did'nt clean exhaust ports. Fuel lines are new and fit snugly without leaks. I don't really know how to check if the tanks venting or not though. I tried blowing through the oriffice in the cap by mouth but could'nt.

I've got another thread going as well on this and they also said "fuel filter", but I recieved this trimmer without one. Does it go in the tank and is it universal?

Allen

barnard
03-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Put the air filter on it . It should help the bog and it's best to make all adjustments with the filter in place.And yes its universal and goes in tank.

khouse
03-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Take a 14, 12 or 10 guage wire about 8 inches long. Bend a 1/2 inch half round hook in one end. Use it to hook the fuel line and pull it out of the tank. There will be a weighted filter on the end of the line. Replace it and see what happens.