PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install Smart Dial from Irritrol?

DWL
03-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm doing my first install on a Smart dial controller (module only) anyone knows how much to charge? According to WeatherTrak we need to fill out a Site evaluation Worksheet then program the controller with the information you wrote down. This is going to take a while, then program, then test. This is for a 12 station (SD1200-EXT Module)

Thanks in advance.

Hank Reardon
03-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Time and materials. Are you just putting a new module into an existing housing?

DWL
03-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Time and materials. Are you just putting a new module into an existing housing?

Yes, that is correct.

PurpHaze
03-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Are you saying you have to install a module and then do initial setup via an ET provider or will the controller do that automatically? Are you required by some local ordinance to submit this info to code officers for some type of certification?

Ground Master
03-28-2007, 08:37 AM
I installed one at my own house.

It will take some tweaking to get it set up right, but well worth it.

It should only take you about an hour.

DWL
03-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Are you saying you have to install a module and then do initial setup via an ET provider or will the controller do that automatically? Are you required by some local ordinance to submit this info to code officers for some type of certification?

I will need to install a module/panel, then do the initial setup via WeatherTrack. The scheduling engine automatically adjusts irrigation for maximum efficiency.

Once installed the homeowner calles the water department to verify the installation and check to see if was installed properly. Then if it passes, the homeowner will get a rebate up to 6 stations...i believe like $60 per valve.

The homeowner needs to call the water department first and see if they are eligible for a rebate. Then they get an approval letter for the go ahead to have it installed by a certifed installer. You can go to WeatherTrack site and get certified. Real easy!

PurpHaze
03-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks... kinda what I figured since it's in the OC. :)

Mike Leary
03-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry For Not Posting The Link, My Wife Is Not Around To Hold My
........................hand, She's The Brains, I'm The Sugar Daddy.

Here Goes:www.automata-inc.com (www.automata-inc>com)

Wet_Boots
03-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Right link, wrong thread. No Otter Pop for you!!http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:QlELSYciwHMNSM:http://www.collectinghollywood.com/LThoma1.jpg

Mike Leary
03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Leaky Boots.....the moles got at the keyboard..correct thread on other post.

gusbuster
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
So, this et timer is the type that you have to subscribe to a service. In this age of lets merge our companies for example, Sirius and xm for example, how can you guarantee that this service is always going to be available?

It's one of the reason I use the smartline timer from weathermatic, at least you don't have to pay for a subscription to the service. Plus for the cost of the service, I don't think you'll pay for it by water savings.

DWL
03-30-2007, 01:13 AM
So, this et timer is the type that you have to subscribe to a service. In this age of lets merge our companies for example, Sirius and xm for example, how can you guarantee that this service is always going to be available?

It's one of the reason I use the smartline timer from weathermatic, at least you don't have to pay for a subscription to the service. Plus for the cost of the service, I don't think you'll pay for it by water savings.

It's only $48 a year. Irritrol includes 2 years free. Also the water department gives us a $60 per valve rebate, up to 6 operating valves. I think that is a hell of a good deal. The Module is only $399.99 retail, so my customers are getting it for what, like $40. My price is $240.00.

My Newport Coast customers and I think Laguna Beach are getting the controller for free including installation directly from the water department.

Ground Master
03-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Denver water offers a 150 rebate

Colorado Springs is still in the dark ages when it comes to et controllers