PDA

View Full Version : Carb Adjustment On 21 HP Kawasaki

steve45
03-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I need to lean the mixture a little on my 21 HP Kawasaki (I live at 3000'). I don't see any readily accessible adjustments.

Anybody have a diagram of this carb?

Engine model FH641V-AS09

Thanks!

MowerMedic77
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
You would have to change the jets in the carb. Kawi makes jets available for altitudes of 3300-6600ft and for more then 6600ft. I am going to guess its an internally vented carb but I will need the numbers that are stamped on the carb for more info.

Should be something like 15003-7002 or
" "7021
" "7039
" "7044

then I could give you the item #'s for the left and right jets because they are different.

steve45
03-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks, MowerMedic! I'll try to get the carb number this weekend. So, no adjustment screw? Must be an EPA thing...

steve45
03-31-2007, 10:30 PM
The only number I found was 16060-7001.

However, I did find the air filter was pretty clogged. I have a heavy-duty double element filter with the gauge. The gauge hasn't budged, and when I open the little rubber drain thing, nothing comes out. Today I opened it up and was rather surprised at how dirty it was. I blew out the outer filter and it runs a lot better. Still slightly rich, but I can live with it.

MowerMedic77
04-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Today I opened it up and was rather surprised at how dirty it was. I blew out the outer filter and it runs a lot better. Still slightly rich, but I can live with it.

You can live with it but your engine can't, NEVER NEVER NEVER use compressed air to blow out an air filter, you only tear the media and allow more dirt to be ingested into the motor. I always tell my customers that if you would not put that air filter to your mouth and suck air why would you force your engine to do the same.

I would replace your a/f and prefilter asap and also may want to check your spark plugs for signs of a rich running issue.

subs1000w
04-02-2007, 09:41 PM
he probobly blew out the foam pre filter i dont see anything wrong with doing that i do it all the time i think it was even sugested in a manual i read that you could even wash it with soap and reuse it since they probobly catch 95% of the dirt and the paper filter catches the rest

MowerMedic77
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
he probobly blew out the foam pre filter i dont see anything wrong with doing that

Yes this is true, but if you read his msg he says he has the HD double element, and there is no prefilter wrap like you are thinking of this has a smaller micron filter that gets installed first in the a/f housing and then the main filter is installed over it. :)

steve45
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I've heard it called the Donaldson filter, but the elements are made by Fleetgard. It has a pleated outside filter with a woven (cotton?) filter inside of that.