PDA

View Full Version : Is RedMax a very good 2-stroke brand?

Vikings
03-28-2007, 05:38 PM
And I mean way better then Echo.

I would try and buy stihl (because at least I heard of them) but I can't seem to buy them online and our dealers around here add about 40% to what the yanks pay.

mkwl
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Red Max is the best 2 strike equipment out there IMO! I have a Red Max BP blower, string trimmer, and hedge trimmer, and have had nothing but great results from them! They're generally less $$ than Stihl, and are far better and more reliable IMO! I'd very highly recommend Red Max equipment!:) :waving:

Is Red Max WAY better than Echo?.....Yes, it's far superior to Echo any day of the week IMO!

JKOOPERS
03-28-2007, 05:47 PM
The best period

TheKingNJ
03-28-2007, 05:49 PM
i give them a big thumbs up. just make sure your employee doesn't drop you new BZC2600 in a effin' pond.

Mow It All llc
03-28-2007, 05:53 PM
i give them a big thumbs up. just make sure your employee doesn't drop you new BZC2600 in a effin' pond.

His ass would have went in after it......lol My blowers, and wackers are Remax and i love them

Vikings
03-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Right on, thanks.

TheKingNJ
03-28-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah, this kid was a good weekwhacker and didn't mind that he never touched a mower. he said he put it down and went to pick up some trash and it rolled down the hill into the pond.

Vikings
03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Well if they don't float... I'M NOT BUYING IT.

ed2hess
03-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Is Red Max WAY better than Echo?.....Yes, it's far superior to Echo any day of the week IMO!

That might be a big reach ......you need more data for that type of conclusion. I don't now about Redmax but echo is a very reliable and well built piece of equipment and it is easy to get parts and repair. They are not throw away devices.

AbsoluteH&L
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
I still have and use the red max from day 1 of starting my business. enuf said.

RedMax Man
03-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Been running RedMax tools ever since i started and they've never let me down. The strato-charged 2stroke eng. is very reliable, good on gas and has low emmisions. I still have my first blower, RedMax EBZ4800 and it's over 3 years old. only thing i've done is change the spark plug and filters.
Redmax Rules:weightlifter: :cool2:

Vikings
03-28-2007, 08:27 PM
That might be a big reach ......you need more data for that type of conclusion. I don't now about Redmax but echo is a very reliable and well built piece of equipment and it is easy to get parts and repair. They are not throw away devices.

I got a Echo SRM210 trimmer and a Echo PB 260L back pack blower and I used them one season on 24 lawns and I don't like them at all. Both had cheap plastic pieces that broke off, on the blower it was the choke switch. It got whacked when the pull cord slipped out of my hand.

They are both hard to start and I often have to stand their waiting to rev them up because if I rev them up to soon they stall. This is especially frustrating with the back pack blower. I'm switch brands and using these Echos in spring clean up and as back ups.

Mowman16
03-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Redmax IS the best, I switched from echo to redmax and it was the best switch I have made.:weightlifter:

mkwl
03-28-2007, 09:25 PM

Echo is sold at box box stores, Red Max isn't...enough said!:hammerhead:

Just look at the responses from everyone else on here who switched FROM Echo TO Red Max!

jpmako
03-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Echo is sold at box box stores, Red Max isn't...enough said!:hammerhead:

No Redmax is not sold in the Big Box Stores yet but I assure you that it will be soon. Don't forget that Redmax was recently purchased by Husqvarna.
Husqvarna is soled at Lowe's...

Back to the topic, REDMAX is the best in hand held products and backpacks hands down. Very reliable powerful and fuel efficient machines

Jason

byoung
03-29-2007, 03:16 PM
My redmax stuff is the LOUDEST stuff that I have,,,, I wouldn't say the best or most powerful... and DEFINATELY

byoung
03-29-2007, 03:16 PM
SORRY!! DEFINATELY not the most reliable or maintenance free...

RedMax Man
03-29-2007, 03:34 PM
SORRY!! DEFINATELY not the most reliable or maintenance free...

What models or tools to you use?

byoung
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I have a 7001 and have used an 8000 quite a bit.

byoung
03-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Just think that, like Stihl, they are over-rated

mkwl
03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
No Redmax is not sold in the Big Box Stores yet but I assure you that it will be soon. Don't forget that Redmax was recently purchased by Husqvarna.
Husqvarna is soled at Lowe's...

Back to the topic, REDMAX is the best in hand held products and backpacks hands down. Very reliable powerful and fuel efficient machines

Jason

True, but hopefully they'll keep their equipment quality up where it is now!:)

Red Max is the best out there- now I can definitely agree with that!!:usflag:

mkwl
03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Just think that, like Stihl, they are over-rated

Okay, :rolleyes: so what brand would YOU say is the best?:dizzy: Everyone else seems to have great results from Red Max, did it ever occur to you that maybe you're not maintaining your equipment properly, hence the less than perfect performance?

J&R Landscaping
03-29-2007, 03:59 PM
I started with a few units from both Redmax and Echo. When I started (when I was 14) I bought a Straight shaft trimmer, BC225DL and a Backpack blower eb 6200. I bought an Echo hedge cutter and a second trimmer. The trimmer was a decent unit but never seemed to have much get up and go from the start. That got stolen at a job and was replaced with an Echo. The eb-6200 was starting to crap out on me at the end of the fall. I'm not sure what exactly went wrong but the bottom crankshaft bearings where scored quite badly. I took the unit to my dealer and he called Redmax but Redmax said there was nothing that could be done. All the equipment was run by my father and I, no one else. I am 99.99999% posotive that no bad fuel or straight gas was ever run through the blower either.

I did go to my dealer last year and test out a BCZ2600s trimmer. It had way to much vibration at the handle and after running it for just 20 minutes or so, my one hand was practically numb. I know every machine has its problems and theres always 1 or 2 bad eggs in a batch but I run Echo equipment now and am very pleased with the performance of it! JMO

byoung
03-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, I thought of that, and I have done some maintenance on my Redmax,,, more than I'd like to be honest with you.(sloppy tube connection and also throttle problems...) But what makes me say this is that for all the hype I expected some kind of super-blower or something. And I guess I expected the BR600 'wow' me or something, it doesn't. In fact like I said it so 'under-wowed' me that I've taken it back to the shop - I MUCH prefer the RM7001 and totally the 471-KAT. The Red Max is definately good, to be sure, but it's like crazy loud, heavy and more difficult to start than my Solo472. And I'll admit it's really a toss-up which is more powerful (the RM8000 I'm talking about, not the BR600), but the 472 is so much more precise... you can direct the airflow better and it just seems a lot more 'solid' to me, you know? And given that it's so much quieter, lighter and uses less gas. And I've had a lot of issues with Redmax's general quality - Like cracking plastic, and the harness issues etc. I don't know.... Just my 2cents... To be honest I really liked my echo 751 better than either of these two.