PDA

View Full Version : Onion Grass?

rockandroller
03-28-2007, 07:28 PM
That is what I call it. That clumpy thick grass that is popping up quickly this time of year in the Midwest. What is this stuff really and what is the best way to get rid of it w/o affecting the other grass..

I cut a new client for the first time today and that stuff was out of hand in the backyard. Tall, thick and a bit wet still from the rain. It sucked!

Thanks

tacoma200
03-28-2007, 08:37 PM
We have a bumper crop, not sure how to get rid of them but they will probably be gone by mid-spring on their own. Must be the (winter) weather this year causing them to be so thick.

mow2nd
03-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Well if you have your applicators license you could spray em but sounds like you don't. Old timers used to put lime on em but I use chemicals. Trimec 992 works or 3way. But u boys better sub it out to somebody that knows what their doin

chipk1
03-28-2007, 09:20 PM
That is what I call it. That clumpy thick grass that is popping up quickly this time of year in the Midwest. What is this stuff really and what is the best way to get rid of it w/o affecting the other grass..

I cut a new client for the first time today and that stuff was out of hand in the backyard. Tall, thick and a bit wet still from the rain. It sucked!

Thanks

Would this be the same as nutsedge? If so, in a ST Augustine grass customer can use Image.