PDA

View Full Version : Any one using cub cadet tanks

Quicklawn
03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I have had so much trouble with my tank it has been one thing after another.I have put so much money into it mainly front ends.It is a 2004 48" with only 480 hours.Looking to switch brands.what do you guys have the best luck with.

TheKingNJ
03-28-2007, 08:17 PM
as always your going to get 40 different answers.
let me be the first

!!!!!!(0)(0)!FERRIS!!!!!!!!

N.H.BOY
03-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Ive got a TANK 54 and have had no troubles at all so far!! What did you meant by changing the front ends? Oh my tank is a '04 also

Quicklawn
03-28-2007, 09:13 PM
In the front axle has there is a big bushing in the middle there. when you lift up the inspection plate where your feet are.The two arms there those have went bad 3 times. It is at the dealer right now i have to pick it up tomorrow another 1000.00 dollars.

HayBay
03-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Front end Pivot. You can lock the front end from pivoting with 2 bolts. You should see the holes about midway between the pivot and the ends.

CRF500
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Are you just pulling are leg's? Isn't a Tank the same thing as a Lesco Z2?

I am either looking at getting one of those or a SUPER Z!

Quicklawn
03-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I am sure the viper is the same thing, i do not like mine at all i would not recommend this unit to anyone.Some other local guys have them nothing good to say either. If you think I'm pulling your leg buy one.

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I am sure the viper is the same thing, i do not like mine at all i would not recommend this unit to anyone.Some other local guys have them nothing good to say either. If you think I'm pulling your leg buy one.

OMG NO a viper is NOT the same thing. The vipers were horrible. The Z-Two and Tanks are very good. You will find a bunch of guys here that love them to death.

Our M48 hasnt had any issues with that. Sounds like you have a machine that wasnt built right or the tolerances arent right or something. I dont let the front pivot but you must be if its wearing out on your machine? I didnt like the way it felt after years of solid front machines.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/NewTank002.jpg

razor1
03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I have had so much trouble with my tank it has been one thing after another.I have put so much money into it mainly front ends.It is a 2004 48" with only 480 hours.Looking to switch brands.what do you guys have the best luck with.

Exmark, they sell 2 to 1 over the other brands.

Have you complained to the "Tank" manufacturer. (not just the dealer)

I had problems with a Kubota ZD 21 and after alot of complaining, Kubota installed a new trans. under warranty. The tractor had 1100 hrs. at the time.

Good Luck

FinalCut05
03-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I had the same problem with mine man. The big front pivot bushing went bad and would wobble back and forth or side to side. I took mine to the dealer and they told me it was from not greasing it properly, but replaced it under warranty any way!! Sounds like a scheme to me. Anyways, they put on two new front tires, a new front axle assembly and new hardware for free. It doesn't wobble anymore but the zerk for the bushing won't accept grease anymore. Back to the dealer again.

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Ummm guys lock those front ends if your haveing issues. Seems simple enough. Mine is locked because I dont like it when its not locked.

tacoma200
03-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Ummm guys lock those front ends if your haveing issues. Seems simple enough. Mine is locked because I dont like it when its not locked.

I have never been a fan of the pivoting front axle either. Especially on slopes.

dcondon
03-28-2007, 11:26 PM
We run all cub TANKS with no problems!!!!!! Although like Prostreet said, we don't let the front pivot either.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-29-2007, 12:48 AM
We have a M60 and have yet to lock the front from pivoting. It has 170 hrs on it and is now a backup mower/home mower (7 acres). Its a decent mower for what was paid, I don't think we'll buy another one though. Don't get me wrong it runs great and cuts good but it's slow compared to my Gravely. Gravely and Scag from here on (maybe a EFI Exmark).