PDA

View Full Version : The best trimmer rack on the market!

Lynden-Jeff
03-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey,

Well after speaking with you guys yesterday and I received it today. NO DUTY. That is great, I was expecting atleast 2-30 dollars. So now a little about the rack.

I managed to get it put on the trailer today but my camera battery is dead so I will get pictures tomorow. Installation was pretty easy, you really need to make sure you tighten the blocks evenly. It can be a little fiddly but overall no differen't then any other rack.

Once its all installed and setup its GREAT. It is really fast, faster then any other rack including trimmer trap. All of the peices seem very sturdy and the milling is pretty good (althought there where a few good dings on the top nob).

My only complain downside, which I should have known from the other Greentouch racks is the bolts for mounting to the trailer are way to short. I have normal tubular sides on my trailer and they are not even close to long enough to go through. So some longer bolts would be great. It is REALLY nice they include an allen key for all the other hardware.

I will post up pics and a video tomorow. Overall this rack is a 10/10, infact ill be ordering another one tomorow.

Cheers
Jeff

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey,

Well after speaking with you guys yesterday and I received it today. NO DUTY. That is great, I was expecting atleast 2-30 dollars. So now a little about the rack.

I managed to get it put on the trailer today but my camera battery is dead so I will get pictures tomorow. Installation was pretty easy, you really need to make sure you tighten the blocks evenly. It can be a little fiddly but overall no differen't then any other rack.

Once its all installed and setup its GREAT. It is really fast, faster then any other rack including trimmer trap. All of the peices seem very sturdy and the milling is pretty good (althought there where a few good dings on the top nob).

My only complain downside, which I should have known from the other Greentouch racks is the bolts for mounting to the trailer are way to short. I have normal tubular sides on my trailer and they are not even close to long enough to go through. So some longer bolts would be great. It is REALLY nice they include an allen key for all the other hardware.

I will post up pics and a video tomorow. Overall this rack is a 10/10, infact ill be ordering another one tomorow.

Cheers
Jeff

Jeff,

Glad to see that you got your rack and everything is ok.

The handle most likely got dinged up in shipping, as it did have a long way to go (West Palm Beach, FL to Canada). We are working on making some really nice packaging and should have ready by the beginning of 2008. The dings shouldn't have any affect on the performance on the rack and if you do notice anything wrong please notify us right away.

We find that the majority of people are using trailers with angle iron rails which is why we put the shorter bolts in the hardware packet. If other people have tube sides on there trailer please let us know as we will have to monitor to see if we need to start including different hardware.

If you have any questions at all about using it just ask, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could take some pictures so our ad department can use it.

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Looking forward to the pictures.. :D

Lynden-Jeff
03-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey,

Sorry I havent been able to get pics yet, been very busy. Will try and grab some tomorow.

Cheers
Jeff

Lynden-Jeff
04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
So finally heres some pics and videos. The videos are a little crappy but you get the point. Also its easier 2 handed, I used one lol.

Cheers
Jeff

Lynden-Jeff
04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Pic 2, im posting the pics in seperate posts so they display in the thread.

Lynden-Jeff
04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Pic 3 :canadaflag:

Lynden-Jeff
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
pic 4

Video Links

http://www.lyndenlawncare.com/IMGP2411.wmv

http://www.lyndenlawncare.com/IMGP2412.wmv

Matt TrailerRacks.com
04-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Looks great on your trailer, I am glad that you like it.

One thing I noticed though is that we recommend the support block being mounted the other way (So that the "pin" is facing the engine). That way when you bring the trimmer into the rack it is a lot easier to line up. Just put the shaft against the rack and it makes for a faster alignment.

Raven386
04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
wow, i want one of those. when i was outside this morning looking at my trimmers, i saw what happened last year that i forgot all about. the handles on my echos are split open and one of the safety triggers is messed up. and my stihl trimmer is starting to get ripped up from spinning around too. and on top of all that, all my locks are too rusted to open! im getting one of these new racks! no more excuses about forgetting to lock up the trimmers! are you guys going to make any other kind of racks like that one? blower racks or hedge trimmer racks?

Matt TrailerRacks.com
04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
wow, i want one of those. when i was outside this morning looking at my trimmers, i saw what happened last year that i forgot all about. the handles on my echos are split open and one of the safety triggers is messed up. and my stihl trimmer is starting to get ripped up from spinning around too. and on top of all that, all my locks are too rusted to open! im getting one of these new racks! no more excuses about forgetting to lock up the trimmers! are you guys going to make any other kind of racks like that one? blower racks or hedge trimmer racks?

Hello,

We guarantee that you won't have any problems with your trimmers spinning in the racks.

Check out our website http://www.trailerracks.com for a listing of all of our products.

You can use coupon code: lawnsite1 to get 10% OFF on your order.

Raven386
04-09-2007, 10:41 AM
awesome Thank you!

Lynden-Jeff
04-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey,

How much do you guys sell just the low block/peg assembly for? I have a bunch of pas attachements and would like to put a block on each. Would I have to call after I order online to get you guys to add them?

Thanks
Jeff

Matt TrailerRacks.com
04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey,

How much do you guys sell just the low block/peg assembly for? I have a bunch of pas attachements and would like to put a block on each. Would I have to call after I order online to get you guys to add them?

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,

We are currently working to get those block sets online. They are available separately and we are hoping to have them online shortly (although I do not have a time frame yet).

For a complete block set the price is $14.95. For the support end (the non-locking side) the price is $6.95. We also have the locking side and the price on that is $8.95.

If you want to order them call 1-800-621-6919 and talk to me, I will still honor the 10% off Lawnsite discount.

Thanks for supporting our product,

Matt

Lynden-Jeff
04-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks Matt, should be giving you a call tomorow.

Cheers
Jeff

lawntimenosee
04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks Xoopiter for the pics and vids.. placed an order today :)