PDA

View Full Version : Hustler's Loved In This Area

puppypaws
03-28-2007, 10:38 PM
My dealer said he sold 9 Hustler's this morning and had sold 80+ already
this early in the season. I feel almost assured no other dealer has sold this
many of any one brand in the Charlotte, NC area. Does anyone in the Charlotte area think there is any brand including Exmark that has sold anything close to this by one dealer?

ProStreetCamaro
03-28-2007, 11:05 PM
We have 1 dealer and he never sells any. Thats not to say they arent good mowers but in all my years i have only ever seen 1 Hustler on a trailer.

tacoma200
03-28-2007, 11:18 PM
They do a great job in your area, so they are popular. They had problems further North so they haven't been as popular. The XR-7 deck had problems as you have read and I have experienced in Northern Grasses. I noticed they are sending different decks to different parts of the country now. If there wasn't a problem to begin with then there would have been no need for different deck, triangle fix kits, lifts kits, etc. Same with Exmark, they wouldn't have redesigned the deck if there were no problem with the Triton.

Some areas the decks worked for both brands and some area's they didn't. If Hustler ever gets a 30+ hp engine on the Super and the new decks do well in the upper South and Mid-West then sales will grow. I have no axes to grind. The Z is still the most comfortable mower I've been on and handles like a dream. Some what underpowered for me in hill country and I had one of the earlier XR-7 decks so maybe the since they are shipping different decks to parts of the country they are on the right track. They were very fair to me and my dealer was top notch.

CRF500
03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I have just been joshing you guy's!

This is that dumb idiot REALSLOWW! I am so slow I forgot my old password and login.

Any how they sell real well here too, only a few Z2's sell here. My dealer takes the old Z2 in on trade here in Florida and can hardly give them away.

I was just trying to provoke my old freind Envy and he decided not to play I guess. I read his post's and must say I am envious of his gross mass of knowledge about everything.

I have just one problem with the Super Z's they like to eat the big idler pullies on the blade belt but the warranty work has replaced three of them with 500 hours on the machine.

Other than that I would not even consider another rider, it is in my opinion the cleanest easiest to work on toughest ZTR ever made period!

I run into stuff all the time at 15 MPH and the machine just bounces off of everything so far. The stuff I hit would seriously damage a Z2 or tank deck to where you would be beating it out with a hammer all the time. The stuff I hit is bad and the deck just laughs at me but I am getting better about trying to tear it up on purpose but thus far have failed.

I am very impressed to say the least about the Hustler build. Before I bought it the manufacturer told me the XR7 was the toughest deck on the market AND WAY TOUGHER than the old Super deck and I am a believer, I have never had a mower that was near this tough not even close. You just plow in to practically any obstacle at full stick and the machine just doesn't seem to care for tough commercial work the machine is just incredible almost idiot proof and I should know I am the head idiot on the crew.

Of all the equipment I have ever owned for lawn care the Super is # 1 then the Marayuma Hedge trimmers are # 2 the blades are so tough and # 3 is my 260 ECHO pole saw, what a money maker! The REDMAX EBZ 8000 fell out do to carb problems and if they do not honor the 2 year warranty I will be pissed!

lawnprosteveo
03-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Here in Tulsa, I am seeing Hustlers on trailers as much or more than Toros...Toro used to be the most common.:usflag:

puppypaws
03-28-2007, 11:48 PM
They do a great job in your area, so they are popular. They had problems further North so they haven't been as popular. The XR-7 deck had problems as you have read and I have experienced in Northern Grasses. I noticed they are sending different decks to different parts of the country now. If there wasn't a problem to begin with then there would have been no need for different deck, triangle fix kits, lifts kits, etc. Same with Exmark, they wouldn't have redesigned the deck if there were no problem with the Triton.

Some areas the decks worked for both brands and some area's they didn't. If Hustler ever gets a 30+ hp engine on the Super and the new decks do well in the upper South and Mid-West then sales will grow. I have no axes to grind. The Z is still the most comfortable mower I've been on and handles like a dream. Some what underpowered for me in hill country and I had one of the earlier XR-7 decks so maybe the since they are shipping different decks to parts of the country they are on the right track. They were very fair to me and my dealer was top notch.It is a different world here compared to where you are, I cut thick Rye Grass today that was probably at least 12" to 14" tall. It is very dry here and I was cutting at 3:00 pm, the 28 efi cut right through it with no problem at all at about 5 mph, it was the first time this year it had been cut in a waterway so it had plenty of moisture. It dispersed extremely well with no clumps because it was perfectly dry, it is like the difference in night and day on the way it cuts if there is the least bit of moisture. My friend told me today the new Cub Tank he just bought already had 40 hrs. and it rode a lot rougher than the Super Z he sold because he could tell a big difference in the way his back felt. He had quadruple bypass surgery 3 months ago and is 60 years old so I would say he is still pretty tough.

CRF500
03-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Here in Tulsa, I am seeing Hustlers on trailers as much or more than Toros...Toro used to be the most common.:usflag: If you buy one and take it out on a beat run every day on tough commercial work not sissy residential you will find out real fast why they are taking over the market.

puppypaws
03-29-2007, 12:02 AM
I have just been joshing you guy's!

This is that dumb idiot REALSLOWW! I am so slow I forgot my old password and login.

Any how they sell real well here too, only a few Z2's sell here. My dealer takes the old Z2 in on trade here in Florida and can hardly give them away.

I was just trying to provoke my old freind Envy and he decided not to play I guess. I read his post's and must say I am envious of his gross mass of knowledge about everything.

I have just one problem with the Super Z's they like to eat the big idler pullies on the blade belt but the warranty work has replaced three of them with 500 hours on the machine.

Other than that I would not even consider another rider, it is in my opinion the cleanest easiest to work on toughest ZTR ever made period!

I run into stuff all the time at 15 MPH and the machine just bounces off of everything so far. The stuff I hit would seriously damage a Z2 or tank deck to where you would be beating it out with a hammer all the time. The stuff I hit is bad and the deck just laughs at me but I am getting better about trying to tear it up on purpose but thus far have failed.

I am very impressed to say the least about the Hustler build. Before I bought it the manufacturer told me the XR7 was the toughest deck on the market AND WAY TOUGHER than the old Super deck and I am a believer, I have never had a mower that was near this tough not even close. You just plow in to practically any obstacle at full stick and the machine just doesn't seem to care for tough commercial work the machine is just incredible almost idiot proof and I should know I am the head idiot on the crew.

Of all the equipment I have ever owned for lawn care the Super is # 1 then the Marayuma Hedge trimmers are # 2 the blades are so tough and # 3 is my 260 ECHO pole saw, what a money maker! The REDMAX EBZ 8000 fell out do to carb problems and if they do not honor the 2 year warranty I will be pissed!Man where have you been I was worried about you. I started checking the obituaries in your area and could not find RealSlow so I guessed you were still alive, good to hear from you. Has anyone said what they thought the problem with the pulleys may be? I have a 176 hrs. on mine now and it has been flawless, I was mowing around the edge of one of my fields today and it through a corn cob into my hydraulic belt and screwed it up. I put a new belt on and that is the first thing that has happened since I bought it but that was not the mowers fault. The 28 efi is the best cranking and running engine I have ever owned bar none.

CRF500
03-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Man where have you been I was worried about you. I started checking the obituaries in your area and could not find RealSlow so I guessed you were still alive, good to hear from you. Has anyone said what they thought the problem with the pulleys may be? I have a 176 hrs. on mine now and it has been flawless, I was mowing around the edge of one of my fields today and it through a corn cob into my hydraulic belt and screwed it up. I put a new belt on and that is the first thing that has happened since I bought it but that was not the mowers fault. The 28 efi is the best cranking and running engine I have ever owned bar none.I am still alive but I got so depressed by reading all the stuff the NWO was doing I threw all my computers out on the street and let people haul them away but I needed one for my business so I am back running my trap.

The pullies are big and the inner bearings they contain are small so it puts to big of a load on the bearing and wears it out to fast. the only answer is to use a pulley of that size with a bigger bearing but I have not looked to see if you can find them. The machine is under warranty so I do not care but it is the weak link on the mower and they do go bad starting around 300 hours!

puppypaws
03-29-2007, 09:52 AM
I am still alive but I got so depressed by reading all the stuff the NWO was doing I threw all my computers out on the street and let people haul them away but I needed one for my business so I am back running my trap.

The pullies are big and the inner bearings they contain are small so it puts to big of a load on the bearing and wears it out to fast. the only answer is to use a pulley of that size with a bigger bearing but I have not looked to see if you can find them. The machine is under warranty so I do not care but it is the weak link on the mower and they do go bad starting around 300 hours!Which year model and deck is giving the pulley problems, is it one particular pulley and which one would it be? Is it on the XR-7 deck?

CRF500
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Which year model and deck is giving the pulley problems, is it one particular pulley and which one would it be? Is it on the XR-7 deck? open your foot rest and look how big the idler pullies are they all go bad but at 300 plus hours that is not bad. The dealer fixes everything on this mower with no gripes. Would not consider another unit but if I did it would undoughtably be the Z2!

ProStreetCamaro
03-29-2007, 02:53 PM
open your foot rest and look how big the idler pullies are they all go bad but at 300 plus hours that is not bad. The dealer fixes everything on this mower with no gripes. Would not consider another unit but if I did it would undoughtably be the Z2!

:confused: Realslow you were the one bashing the Z2 and Tanks so badly last year. Were you just trying to get a rise out of everybody? :laugh:

CRF500
03-29-2007, 02:58 PM
:confused: Realslow you were the one bashing the Z2 and Tanks so badly last year. Were you just trying to get a rise out of everybody? :laugh: I tried to bait the great ENVY but it didn't work. I need to buy a Z2 to try one one day but by the way they look I am better off just passing.

ProStreetCamaro
03-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I tried to bait the great ENVY but it didn't work. I need to buy a Z2 to try one one day but by the way they look I am better off just passing.

Ahh ok I gotcha. I love our Tank but it is not as smooth a machine as our old lazer hp is but Envy says the same thing. If you lived close I would let you try ours out. We have different grass up here. All our grass is cool season type grass. The Hustlers dont do well up here and thats why I have only ever seen 1 on a trailer before. For some reason they dont like cool season grass and I think thats why the member Tacoma on here didnt like his Super Z to much. He showed side by side pics of his old lazer with ultra cut deck compared to his Super Z and the ultra cut was so much nicer looking. I think if Hustler would figure out how to cut cool season grass good they would sell really well up here.

Downunder Bob
03-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Just getting back to idler pulleys, I changed all the bearings of my idlers to 6305s [same as the spindle bearings]. This is on a 52 mini-z.
The old bearings were'nt failing, just getting noisy and rumbling with a bit of play. With plenty of life still left in the pulleys, I thought why not put a much bigger, cheap bearing in there that I can change easily.
I found it cut down the deck noise a lot, not as much roar just wind noise.
There is a spacer that goes in between the the two caps thats not in the photo.

Cheers,
Rob.

tacoma200
03-29-2007, 10:58 PM
:confused: Realslow you were the one bashing the Z2 and Tanks so badly last year. Were you just trying to get a rise out of everybody? :laugh:

He's actually pretty good at getting a rise out of some one.