PDA

View Full Version : Lawn equipment

tacoma200
03-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Looking at sprayers, what are the positives and negatives of a piston model over a Diaphragm model? Explain the difference and why I should buy one over the other?

Question 2 Trimmer line, is square, star, or twisted line better than round?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-28-2007, 11:41 PM
For trimmer line I prefer round. I've tried star and square but they don't last anylonger and you can't get as much on the spool as you could w/ round.
As far as Sprayer I've only used the piston style, I would assume that it would be more durable but thats just my guess.

fool32696
03-28-2007, 11:44 PM
I hear that trimmer line is all about preference. I've only used round and square and I prefer the square. It last about the same but cuts better. Feels like the difference between sharp blades and dull blades on a mower.

tarp5350
04-03-2007, 08:34 PM
i have 2 solo sprayers, one is piston and the other is the diaphram. the diaphram is used for wettable powers and the piston is used for liquids. the wettable powders will scour the piston in the piston modle.

tacoma200
04-03-2007, 08:45 PM
i have 2 solo sprayers, one is piston and the other is the diaphram. the diaphram is used for wettable powers and the piston is used for liquids. the wettable powders will scour the piston in the piston modle.

Thank's that's what I needed to know (piston vs diaphragm)