PDA

View Full Version : Pintle Hitch

Brett's Cutting Edge
03-29-2007, 11:11 AM
I am looking at getting a dump trailer and I see that alot of the 14' ones that I am looking at have a Pintle Hitch. What is the pros and cons of these. I have never used one. I have a f250 m/ the v10 so it wont be a problem pulling a fulley loaded trailer.

fivestarlawnken
03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
fool proof!!!!!!!!!! better to be safe than sorry!!! It may bump you a little when you stop...nothing to worry about.

DodgeRam1985
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I really like pintle hitches. Although a lot of people look at them and question how safe can they be, IMO they are the safest hitch since when properly used there is next to not possiblity of it coming loose and opening up or the trailer coming off. The only con I can think of is that generally when you are using one that means that the trailer is very heavy and what your carrying is very heavy (they are just ment to handle more), so it's not really a con, just a PITA

FearThisDeere
03-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I had one on my landscape trailer (don't ask why) and it was great. Very easy to hook up and fool proof.

RedMax Man
03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I had one on my landscape trailer (don't ask why) and it was great. Very easy to hook up and fool proof.

Yes pintles are the easiest to hitch up. No pins or levers to pull or put is and they're easier to line up to the hitch. You also don't have to deal with different ball sizes just make sure the ratings are the same.

BCF
03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
I love pintle hitches. Definatley the safest, and the easiest to hook up. I actually pulled my back once checking to see if the ball hitch was secured. Never again!