PDA

View Full Version : 21" Proline w/optional side discharge kit, Anyone use this?

LawnBrother
03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Today I discovered that toro offers a side discharge kit for the 21" proline. (part #59199) I could use this kit this spring for all the heavy growth, but I have never seen one used. Has anyone used it? How well does it work? Thanks!

TheLawnBarber
03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Those are still just the homeowner super recyclers. They just have steel wheels and Kawasaki engine. But I think they would last just as long as there other models.

TheLawnBarber
03-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Sorry you must just want the chute that goes on the back? I have one for my Hondas and works very well.

LawnBrother
03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Hehe, yeah it's just the chute. I have a proline, and even though I posted this today, my dealer had one so I bought it anyway, I figured no mater what it would be better than blowing those spring clumps. That toro is great but it just can't mulch that heavy spring growth.

lawnboy dan
03-29-2007, 06:40 PM
you will find this chute to be worthless! clogs if you look at it funny. its a waiste of $ .better off mulching

Roger
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
I agree with lawnboy dan -- A neighbor who has a Toro suggested I take his chute for a few days and try it out. I quickly learned a few things: If the grass was able to flow through the discharge chute, it could be mulched (rare on most of my properties). If the grass clipping count was heavy, it would not flow through the chute, and it had to be bagged. My conclusion was it would not save me any time. I was hoping to use it on those properties where there was too much to mulch, but I did not want to bag. But, the heavier clipping situations proved the debris would not flow through the chute and out the left side.

I'm glad I had a chance to try one before buying.

LawnBrother
04-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, after using it for a week I think it works fine, as long as the grass isn't really really tall. It defenitely will clog of you try to overdo it, but works well on some of my scotts treated lawns that grow like weeds.

joed
04-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I've tried the discharge chute on the 21" proline. It does o.k. if the grass is not long or wet. Otherwise it's useless. If you want to discharge grass with a 21" unit, get the 21" Lawnboy with the staggered deck. Remover the piece of steel on the discharge chute and go cut. This is what I do with heavy spring growth and it works very well.