PDA

View Full Version : It sucked up a WHOLE CHICKEN!!!

Stinky Pete
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Am I the only one who's seen this? That impeller looks serious. It destroyed the phonebooks and glass like nothing. Very cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8s85sgjCg

twj721
03-29-2007, 03:46 PM
really great machine it looks like I wonder who cleaned up the phone book mess though

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Would any of you actually use this to clean up beer bottles? Looks cool as **** but I would hate to clean up the phone books.

lawnguyland
03-29-2007, 06:31 PM
What a buncha morons. If they actually killed that chicken they suck big ones. No problem with eating a chicken but that's just wrong and wasteful, although I'm not sure they really did it. Fargin bastages.

lqmustang
03-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Some people have way too much time on their hands.:hammerhead:

martinfan06
03-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Hate to be standing on the reciving end when those glass beer bottles went through ouch! That would suck. I say we take the machine around with a truck load of phone books and spray the non payers yard with them,or low ballers:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

corey4671
03-29-2007, 07:21 PM
next time the Olympics come to the south this should be an event....

Armadillolawncare
03-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Freakin Hilarious

Stinky Pete
03-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Does anyone have any info on this actual unit? I haven't been able to find anything. The perfomance is impressive.

Lawnguyland, the chicken they did suck up looks storebought.

Ground Effects NH
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have any info on this actual unit? I haven't been able to find anything. The perfomance is impressive.

Lawnguyland, the chicken they did suck up looks storebought.

Go to your local rental shop, You may be able to get the same machine.:laugh:

Can I Mow Your Lawn?
03-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Why are the tree huggers and animal rights people upset that a live chicken was thrown in there but not a store bought one?

Either way, a chicken was murdered for no good reason!!!

Later,
Can I Mow Your Lawn?

chipk1
03-30-2007, 10:38 AM
If that was a live chicken, these people should be hanged. That would be totally inhumane! But I did hit a phone book one time buried under some leaves and a windy day. What a freaken mess. Took about 30 minutes to chase all that paper down across 5 yards! Argh:cry:

Budget
03-30-2007, 10:53 AM
If you watch the whole video they tell you that they did not harm the live chicken.

warren piece
03-30-2007, 03:49 PM
If you ever had the pleasure of cleaning out chicken houses as a teenager that video will bring a smile to your face. I hate chickens.

traman
03-30-2007, 04:20 PM
when i see a bowling ball get sucked up, i,ll know they got something

Lazer_Z
03-30-2007, 04:25 PM
If some of you pay attention to the vid it says that the vac is going to be made by Billy Goat.

Rob

Can I Mow Your Lawn?
03-30-2007, 04:40 PM
That's probably just as humane as the way they do it in the processing plants.

How do you think they killed the chicken you ate at Chic-Fil-A???

Do you think they give them sedatives and kill them while they're asleep or something???

My old man used to work in a meat processing plant and they would bring the cattle into a sort of stockade for cattle, where only the cow's head was sticking out and it couldn't run. Then, they'd bang 'em over the head with a sledge hammer. Do you consider that humane???

Later,
Can I Mow Your Lawn?

Stinky Pete
03-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Actually a bowling ball is easy to pick up. The intake simply locks onto the ball. Picking up wet leaves or heavier smaller debris... like a chicken is actually tougher in my limited view. I was quite impressed by the video, the Romones in the background didn't hurt either.

Grits
03-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I want one.

Duekster
03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Why are the tree huggers and animal rights people upset that a live chicken was thrown in there but not a store bought one?

Either way, a chicken was murdered for no good reason!!!

Later,
Can I Mow Your Lawn?Bio Fertilizer:rolleyes:

WildWest
03-30-2007, 07:59 PM
If that was a live chicken, these people should be hanged. That would be totally inhumane! But I did hit a phone book one time buried under some leaves and a windy day. What a freaken mess. Took about 30 minutes to chase all that paper down across 5 yards! Argh:cry:

Oh, For Christ sake..... Chicken murder????? It's friggin' air breathing BOTTOM FEEDER!!!! it's the dumbest animal on earth!

For cryin' out loud, who gives a DAMN about a CHICKEN!!!! Millions are slaughtered for food, frozen chickens are shot out of cannons at aircraft windows to test their ability to withstand impacts, but even if the really sucked a LIVE chicken up the tube and shredded it, is that SOOOO INHUMANE that it died in a different fashion that an axe to the neck???

Give me a break!!! trust me, the chicken (had it been alive) would have felt nothing! However, it would have been the closest thing to flying that it would ever achieve....a chickens dream come true!!

Besides, it bet that's a GREAT way to make chicken STIR FRY, a new brand called "Pluck'em and suck'em"!!!! LOL

Would you really HANG A HUMAN BEING over a DUMB CHICKEN who's dream of "flying" was almost achieved???

Do you clean your plate of EVERY piece of chicken or steak EVERY time.... JE--hEy-SuS, did you know that the PILGRAMS USED FISH for fertilizer way back when!!! Should we hang them for killing the fish?

I give up!

Watch the whole video...it's a video of a live chicken walking around and an already dead chicken...."processed, defeathered, beheaded and discraced by other means" shot through to salad shooter!

Enjoy.

Can I Mow Your Lawn?
03-30-2007, 08:06 PM
++++Chicken murder????? It's friggin' air breathing BOTTOM FEEDER!!!!++++

That's funny.

Later,
Can I Mow Your Lawn?

lawnguyland
03-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Oh, For Christ sake..... Chicken murder????? It's friggin' air breathing BOTTOM FEEDER!!!! it's the dumbest animal on earth!

For cryin' out loud, who gives a DAMN about a CHICKEN!!!! Millions are slaughtered for food, frozen chickens are shot out of cannons at aircraft windows to test their ability to withstand impacts, but even if the really sucked a LIVE chicken up the tube and shredded it, is that SOOOO INHUMANE that it died in a different fashion that an axe to the neck???

Give me a break!!! trust me, the chicken (had it been alive) would have felt nothing! However, it would have been the closest thing to flying that it would ever achieve....a chickens dream come true!!

Besides, it bet that's a GREAT way to make chicken STIR FRY, a new brand called "Pluck'em and suck'em"!!!! LOL

Would you really HANG A HUMAN BEING over a DUMB CHICKEN who's dream of "flying" was almost achieved???

Do you clean your plate of EVERY piece of chicken or steak EVERY time.... JE--hEy-SuS, did you know that the PILGRAMS USED FISH for fertilizer way back when!!! Should we hang them for killing the fish?

I give up!

Watch the whole video...it's a video of a live chicken walking around and an already dead chicken...."processed, defeathered, beheaded and discraced by other means" shot through to salad shooter!

Enjoy.

I think what you say is basically true, I eat chicken. My problem would be if it was a live chicken that went thru (which I don't think it was) then it's just wasteful and wrong. If they put a chicken through and ate it it wouldn't bother me- the death is instant and it's used for food. On the other hand, actually putting a live animal thru a shredder for entertainment is just wrong and scary- it's the mentality that's scary really- what's next neighbor's cat?

I used to eat KFC and still eat chicken, but after seeing videos of the way assmunchers at the KFC chicken farms smashed chickens against the wall and abused them for fun I stopped eating there. To me there is a difference between using an animal for food and using it for entertainment or abuse.

LawnGuy73
03-31-2007, 09:42 AM
What a f*cking moron

fiveoboy01
03-31-2007, 02:01 PM
How about some more info on that machine? Anyone know?

Lazer_Z
03-31-2007, 02:15 PM
How about some more info on that machine? Anyone know? All it says is "New DL series coming this fall" I know, I know that wasn't much help, but I don't have anymore info than anyone else.

Rob

WildWest
03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
I think what you say is basically true, I eat chicken. My problem would be if it was a live chicken that went thru (which I don't think it was) then it's just wasteful and wrong. If they put a chicken through and ate it it wouldn't bother me- the death is instant and it's used for food. On the other hand, actually putting a live animal thru a shredder for entertainment is just wrong and scary- it's the mentality that's scary really- what's next neighbor's cat?

I used to eat KFC and still eat chicken, but after seeing videos of the way assmunchers at the KFC chicken farms smashed chickens against the wall and abused them for fun I stopped eating there. To me there is a difference between using an animal for food and using it for entertainment or abuse.

All I'm trying to get at is, that chickens and humans aren't on the same level....I don't want to see someone TORMENTING an animal for the fun of it, and I think that the Animal rights KNOT-ZZ-S would be after these people if they used a LIVE animal. I wouldn't buy a piece of equipment from a company who would abuse an animal in this fashion.

Stinky Pete
04-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Wow, I didn't think this post would evolve into a Chicken rights discussion. What's PETA's Pamela Anderson stance on this? Not that I careone ioda, I think her brain is as small as her "features" are big. I just figured she'd show up in something eyecatching.

Back to business, I love that hand crank discharge, impeller, clear hose, and vacuuming power. It just seems to have a lot of excellent features. I'm just waiting to learn the price. Anyone, anyone...Bueller?

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
04-03-2007, 12:39 PM
For all of you who've watched the video I hope you enjoyed it. Indeed we are going to be formally introducing a new Debris Loader in July. It has the most lift velocity of any equally powered Debris loader on the market. Many times it has more lift velocity than competitors with even 5 more horsepower.

Did we hurt the live chicken? Absolutely not! The chicken is back at with its coop mates laying eggs at the house of one of our painters. As for all the other things in there the "DL" can do them easily and then some. It is truly a user friendly, efficient, debris reducing, time saving, piece of equipment.

PS, We have not heard from Pamela Anderson.

Stinky Pete
04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
What are the features and how much? What kind of testing have you done?

warren piece
04-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Mr. Force,
According to Stinky Pete Pam Anderson is going to be at Billy Goat protesting. Is it possible I could come work for Billy Goat on that day? I would prefer something in security so I could get close to the action. Just let me know when she is going to be there.

JimLewis
04-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Hate to be standing on the reciving end when those glass beer bottles went through ouch! That would suck. I say we take the machine around with a truck load of phone books and spray the non payers yard with them,or low ballers:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's what I was thinking too.

An even better video would go like this;

Show a copy of an unpaid, overdue invoice. Zoom the video camera in on the address. Next, pan over to a street sign...same street as on the invoice. Next, pan over to a house, same address as on the invoice. Then, zoom out and show the machine....Blocking the entire street with orange cones all around it and cars lining up in both directions, trying to get by, looking astonished. Placed around the orange cones are signs that say, "This is what happens when you don't pay your lawn guy!" Next, you throw several bottles of honey into the hopper. Then some elmer's glue, then some plastic bottles of corn syrup and pancake syrup. Then, once you have the entire landscape and house sticky, out come the phone books. One after another you just demolish the phonebooks and they splat all over the house and landscape. Then the video camera zooms in on the sign that reads, "This is what happens when you don't pay your lawn guy!" And that's the end of the video.

Then we pass that video around on email to everyone on our email lists. It becomes immensely popular. And accounts receivables industry wide take a plunge. People start paying their bills on time again and everyone's happy.

04-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Contrary to reports Pamela Anderson is not coming to Billy Goat. No security will be needed, thanks for the offer though.

As for features of the units.

There will be two units, 18 hp Vanguard and 25 hp Subaru.

Both will be electric start and have 6 blade impellers each with 3 debris reducing "Razors" for a total of 18. Take that debris! UHMW liners to keep abrasion, noise, and weight down. We are using a hand crank adjustable discharge, no tools or pushing necessary. A quick disconnect urethane hose that is more abrasion resistant than any equally horse-powered competitors. It's clear so you can see what's actually going on! You can also store the hose on the unit by hanging it on peg for transportation.

In short we made this incredibly user friendly by making it the most powerful, easy to adjust, easy to transport, debris reducing, quietest truckloader on the market.

Whoops, my salesmanship is coming through. Does that answer all of you questions?

Capemay Eagle
04-04-2007, 09:54 AM
You actually never see the actual live chicken go in to the tube, and the end of the video says in plain English that no live chickens were hurt. Hillbilly camera tricks..

fiveoboy01
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Whoops, my salesmanship is coming through. Does that answer all of you questions?

Not quite:)

Was the model in the vid the 18 or the 25 hp one?

And the million dollar question(which I'm sure you'll dance around but I'll try it anyways) - what's it going to cost? Even a ballpark figure would be nice...

04-04-2007, 12:59 PM
The unit on the video was the 25 hp. We were going to show the 18 but we felt the video needed to stay relatively short to keep attention so we stuck to the 25. Believe it or not the 18 has higher lift velocity because of the 10 inch intake hose. The 25 has a 12 inch diameter hose.

What does it cost? The list price on the 18 is going to be around $3,900 and the 25 is going to be around $4,600. Feature wise you'll find we are very competitive. Performance wise you'll find others are not.

fiveoboy01
04-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. Any idea when they will be available through dealers?

04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Dealers should have them on their floors sometime in July or August.

Stinky Pete
04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey, I never said Mrs. (or is it Ms.?) Anderson was going to BIlly Goat!

Back to business, what options do you have for mounting it?

goodgreen
04-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Like I commented on the You Tube space, apparently they have no "bottle deposit" in that state!!!

PhillyShells
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
That video was " FOWL "....... sorry I just had to use that line ! :laugh:

And great song by the Ramones - " Beat on the Brat " !

integrityman
04-04-2007, 10:37 PM
The video in and of itself is interesting- actually very sophomoric; however, I gotta question the sensibility of shredding all that glass. Think about this- I once worked in a vets office for a couple of summers. Regulary pet owners would bring their dogs and cats in with glass shards in their paws. The slivers were usually at some stage of infection or another. Sadly we had to euthanize a number of pooches due to the advanced stage of infection. The animals were usually in considerable discomfort and as can be imagined their owners werent much happier......So now this glass is going to be around for years to come. It will not decompose or somehow mysteriously disappear. It will simply sit there until some dumb beast is unlucky enough to become a victim of someones thoughtlessness......Use your heads before you pollute......

fiveoboy01
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Ever stop to think that maybe they cleaned up their mess?

integrityman
04-04-2007, 11:08 PM
To answer your question. NO!. They probly picked up the paper that floated around but not the glass. I would guess the "out of sight out of mind" principle would apply here. Picture what happens when you drop a glass on your kitchen floor. It shatters into dozens of shards. Now expand that exmple exponentially. Kinda doubtfull they cleaned up the mess......

Uranus
04-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Dude. I saw my yellow page ad. Put it in slow motion and you can see it.

But seriously, If they would have tossed some mayo in with the chicken they could have had chicken salad.

fiveoboy01
04-04-2007, 11:28 PM
To answer your question. NO!. They probly picked up the paper that floated around but not the glass. I would guess the "out of sight out of mind" principle would apply here. Picture what happens when you drop a glass on your kitchen floor. It shatters into dozens of shards. Now expand that exmple exponentially. Kinda doubtfull they cleaned up the mess......

And if it was their property... Who cares.

04-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Indeed the video is sophomoric. We've all seen videos that, while to the point, are boring. As a manufacturer you've got to do something that will stand out, show the features, and keep your interest. Did I mention we were having fun too? As for picking up the phone books, we make vacuums, really good vacuums that handle that with no problem.

Do we own the land, yes. Did we clean up? You bet, no one wants garbage on their land. We left the "processed" chicken chunks for a family of coyotes that lives nearby. The glass? It comes out so processed I love to show how safe it is by picking it up with my bare hands and rubbing them together. I bashes it up such that it resembles safety glass and sand. I bowhunt whitetails and keep beehives two hundred yards away from that site. My son and I even explore that area picking blackberries and looking for morel mushrooms. I wouldn't do all that in an unsanitary garbage dump.

Is there anything else you wish we would have shown for furture reference?