PDA

View Full Version : New Approach and New Application

Team-Green L&L
03-29-2007, 03:25 PM
This may sound ******ed, and really is, but it is happening. One of our largest landscaping firms has sold municipalities on the idea that a landscaped exit ramp draws more traffic to the retail areas because it appears to be a nicer neighborhood. The thinking is right and they have sold $4 million worth of unusable landscapes that include stamped crete, ornamental trees and grasses, and even garden areas off the exit ramps in our city. I missed the boat on this one, but someone in another area may be able to benefit from this new fad.

JG Landscaping
03-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I have not seen any of it around here yet, but as odd as it sounds i guess it does make sense.

Team-Green L&L
03-30-2007, 09:03 AM
bump...bump...

green horizons
04-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I've been to places that landscape those types of areas and I think it does look much nicer than the standard municiple work. But wouldn't maintenance of the area (and the cost associated with it) be prohibitive? I don't think the average city worker has the expertise or desire to maintain these areas. I love the idea, and I hate to miss out on $4 mil., but I can't imagine making the sell, so to speak.