PDA

View Full Version : Kaw Drain Plugs

GAM321
07-25-2001, 10:54 PM
I seem to have trouble with rounding the drain plugs on my 2 17 hp kaws. 8 point sockets work borrowed one from work but would like to buy a set but cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know where to buy or have another tool that works good

sdwally
07-26-2001, 08:46 AM
Sears Craftsman might be a source, could be a special order. Also if you don't mind the cost try Snap-On, Mac, Matco, or Cornwell, just looked for a truck that is stopped somewhere and browse a mechanics heaven. These tools are all quality with lifetime warranties, but can be pricey!

SCAPEASAURUSREX
07-27-2001, 08:40 AM
Yeah ! 8 pt sockets are what you need. Matco and Mac have them and probably snap on too. I think I remember seeing actual square sockets for them but the 8 pt s are designed to work on square fasteners and plugs.. I think Matco you can order off of their web site if you can't find a truck it's matcotools.com

Richard Martin
07-27-2001, 02:33 PM
Before you buy any more tools check this thread out that I started a while ago.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=7512&highlight=kawasaki+drain+plug+fix

GAM321
07-27-2001, 11:04 PM
thank you everyone got some 8 points at sears. $2.99 each looked everywhere and forgot the obvious. thats why this site is great!!!

Jason Pallas
07-28-2001, 12:15 AM
Speaking of drain plugs for KAWS. I have a 15 hp Kaw that I need to find an aftermarket drain-**** for. I've got all the 14hp that we have outfitted with the drain-**** that attaches up to a tube and has an easy drain release - however, the drain plugs for the 15hp and the 14hp are different sizes and tap/threads. No amount of plumbing adapters workss - different threads/sizes etc.... Anyone have a similar problem / solution /source for a good drain-****?

Richard Martin
07-28-2001, 04:53 AM
Hey Jason, just go to the link I posted above, it has part numbers for everything you need from Kawasaki.

Jason Pallas
07-28-2001, 11:43 AM
Richard - Thanks! this is exactly what I was looking for. I contacted the Kaw dealer previously and they seemed to think that such a part was unavailble (only aftermarket). I know that there is an aftermarket part for the 14hp ( availible through jthomasdistrib.com for about $7 for those who are interested). Loaded with these part numbers - I'm headed back to the dealer Monday. Thanks Again!!