PDA

View Full Version : 36"ztr

accentlc
07-26-2001, 12:41 AM
Does anyone make a commercial grade 36" ztr besides walker?

crazygator
07-26-2001, 12:44 AM
Exmark has the Lazer HP in a deck size of 44". I haven't seen recently any Z's with 36".

Guardian
07-26-2001, 01:04 AM
Scag makes a 40" ztr w/ 17 Kaw

LoneStarLawn
07-26-2001, 01:06 AM
Walker is the only one I have seen...

BigEd
07-26-2001, 01:21 AM
Great Dane makes a 36 inch super surfer.Which is the stand on ZTR.

EJK2352
07-26-2001, 01:38 AM
Dixie Chopper made a 42" rider w/ removable deck ends so it can pass though a 36" gate. I don't know if they still make that unit. :) ED

LAWNGODFATHER
07-26-2001, 04:08 AM
WHY?

eslawns
07-26-2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
WHY?

It's called a gate!

I haven't seen 36 except by Great Dane and Wright. There are several 42" riders though. I got a 48 and use my 36 WB for gated yards.

John DiMartino
07-26-2001, 11:58 PM
A 36" ZTR would be a very unstable machine,suitable for flat ground only.I would buy a WB if you need a 36-those gated yards arent that big,you wont be able to fly in those little areas anyway,so not much time will be saved.ZTr's are for open areas primarily,IMO,I dont like ZTR's under 60" for sidehill stablitly.

grassyfras
07-27-2001, 12:22 AM
WHY would you want a 36 ztr thats a waster of money just use a walkbehind. if u dont have one buy one instead of paying the same price for a rider. How many gates could u have to need one????????????????

MIDSOUTH
07-27-2001, 08:42 AM
I bought a 34" encore ztr to get thru small areas and it works great! WHY? Because I would rather ride than walk and it is more productive than an push or a belt drive. It is also unstable on hills, but we are mostly flat land. It makes a great additon to the 60" scag and 60" lazer also. It is very new, I don't even think it is on their web site yet.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-28-2001, 12:52 AM
MIDSOUTH ever heard of VELKE

you don't need to walk

a walk behind is going to be more stable on hills

think before you buy!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIDSOUTH
07-29-2001, 01:18 AM
MIDSOUTH ever heard of VELKE

you don't need to walk

a walk behind is going to be more stable on hills

think before you buy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought before I bought, I really don't like smart$%#'s. I posted my thoughts and I don't appreciate you hacking it Mr. Know it all Lawngodfather. I cancelled a 36" turf tracer hp when I decided to buy this thing, I had an exmark metro that had jungle wheels on it and belt drives are not as productive on flatland like we have in Louisiana as the little encore is. I weighed the pro's and con's and I chose the ztr, If you don't like my choice then keep your mouth shut. Think about your own business and don't worry about mine. Hop on your belt drive with your VELKE while I run circles around you on my turf tiger, Lazer and little encore AND SEE WHO PROFITS MORE AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!!

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 01:30 AM
pardon me midsouth

my equipment list only has one belt drive

a 36" Lesco with a velke

3 - Exmark Lazers 1 - 25hp 2-26hp Kohlers
3 - Exmark Turf Tracers with 22hp Kohlers with velke's

and I was talking about a Hydro 36"

so go on and read between the lines if you wish

and if you want I will sell you my slow poke 36" becase it doesn't get used any more

and by the way you ask for others advice you must take the bad with the good

if you don't like it don't post:cry:

LGF:blob1:

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 01:39 AM
almost forgot

why would you pay up words of $6 to $7,000 for a ztr 36"

when you can get a hydro 36" W/B and a velke
that will only get used if you have a gate to go in

the only other thing I can think of for a use is mowing small areas
and that would be a waist of time with that small of a mower,

if you have a bigger one available

A word from the wise, Not the Heckler LGF:blob1:

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 02:28 AM
midsouth

Not every one has flat land to mow on

I was giving general advice

But what I was pointing out was they do make a product that will keep you from walking

Now that we are off the thread that some one else started

There are 2 riding 36” mowers that I know of

Great Dane and Walker

I tried both at the EXPO and fell partial to the Great Dane for the floating deck

LGF

Mrs. LGF here, so no arguing boys! A lot of people have been automatically cynical, condescending, and critical lately and immediately take things said the wrong way. Let’s start over and get back to the original topic at hand, and the original question asked by LGF was “Why?” and it was probably the best question asked, but also taken the wrong way.

Why are you looking into a 36” rider? Do you have a lot of larger fenced in areas? Do they have hills? Why do you need a rider this size when a Walk behind this size and cheaper could be just as good?

Yes, companies make these types of mowers, but he wants to know more info to help in your decision and maybe save you time, money and grief over buying a product that you may not actually need, or may not be right for what you’ll actually be using it for.

Please remember, if you are going to look into things further than they were originally meant to be, think differently. Some of us are only here to help…

Please play nice guys!!! ;)

Mrs. LGF:blob1:

vipermanz
07-29-2001, 03:11 AM
dang lgf!:eek:!
and mrs. lgf:eek: !

MIDSOUTH
07-29-2001, 10:05 AM
One thing LAWNGODFATHER the little encore cost 4250.00 the turf tracer I had on order with the ecs was 3925.00 + it would be another 300.00 for a castor wheel sulky. Giving general advice is one thing but telling someone to think before you buy is another. I have one hilly property the scag and the lazer tacvkle tackle. I have several small areas at commercial and residential sites with openings of between 35 and 36 inches wide a 36" would have to be jockeyed in anyway but could be done, a 32" is only in belt drive (at least around here), swo the 34 encore was the answer. We are not off the thread a 34" is a little better than 36" because some 36" gates are only 36"-problem there the 36" does not do much good if it is 36.5, so we are not off the thread. Why must you try to turn this around and and act like you said nothing out of line in your post? I address the fact that a 34" ztr was made and then you hacked it and more less said I was a dumb$%& for buying one. You know nothing of the properties I deal with yet you feel you can shoot your mouth off. I'm also pretty sure most people know what a VELKE is. Express your opinion in a different manner and people will respect it more.

MIDSOUTH
07-29-2001, 10:14 AM
LAWNGODFATHER- don't smartoff to one of my post and we wont have a problem, no hard feelings, but for the people who could profit by a small ztr it may help them to know that there is a 34" avaliable and that it does cut really well and I also stated in my first post that it will not hold hills good so they can weigh that in their decision.

One other thing you mentioned to clear up, if it is a small island or so and the 60" will get on it - it cuts it the bigger and more productive mower always runs first. I'm in this to make money not to spend all day piddling around in the heat.

leaflawnandlimb
07-29-2001, 02:49 PM
MIDSOUTH

I saw the encore advertised and thought it was preety cool, you already answered my one question of cost in another post. how is the cut and the speed of the machine? Was interested in one myself.

Albemarle Lawn
07-29-2001, 03:19 PM
Easy, killers.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 04:05 PM
Good luck on your purchase of the world smallest ZTR

As far as a 36” gate is concerned ask you customers if you can change them to fit a 52” or 60” in. that’s why my 36” doesn’t get used anymore. Most will pay for it some will not but it is worth the money if you have a large area that is fenced off

There’s my $100 worth. End of discussion

Woops almost forgot
Your Scag and Lazer will run circles around me, Why are they in the shop again

Like I said before think before you buy.

MIDSOUTH
07-29-2001, 04:58 PM
Leafandlimb- The cut is very good in the southern grasses that I cut,it also cuts quite well in bahia. It will top out at 7-7.5 mph and it cuts well at those speeds discharging.

LAWNGODFATHER-Yes the scag is in the shop but the lazer is running strong, you sound as if you have to have the last word. I don't want to sit and argue with you over this since you know everybodys business needs. You sound as if you've never had equipment break before with your think before you buy slogan, I didn't know scag was crap before I bought it. And the worlds smallest ZTR was one of the decisions I made that was a wise one in my opinion, run your business and I will run mine. Do everyone here a favor and growup before making anymore ignorant post about trying to prove why a small ztr is not needed. There are other people on here interested in finding one so have respect for them at least.

P.S.- Think Before YOU Buy-haha

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 05:12 PM
Yes I have bought crap before and am trying to keep other from doing the same mistakes you and I have made
But unlike you I got rid of them before they cost me money and time. Even if I had to take a big loss on it, but well worth it in productivity time. You don’t make money while your mower is in the shop again.

I am very brand preferred (X marks the spot) and have had most of the others out there and Exmark has been good to me

I did notice on you signature Jet blast 1100 does that mean Kawasaki Jet Ski 1100

Or did I read to far between the lines

jeffyr
07-29-2001, 05:15 PM

There’s my $100 worth. End of discussion

Apparently not.

Take it outside boys. :cry:

MIDSOUTH
07-29-2001, 05:17 PM
1100stx and plan to add an ultra 150 to the trailer soon, just sold an sxi pro to make room on the trailer.

And I do plan to replace the scag in the future with a 72" exmark.

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 05:26 PM
Ok I am ready to take it out side

I have a Yamaha Wave Blaster (pro mod 67mph)
And a Yamaha Wave Raider 1100(pro mod 84mph)

WANA RACE

I used to race for Yamaha, but I saw to many friends get hurt and couldn’t afford to get hurt racing them professionally

Live to argue. Argue to live

LAWNGODFATHER
07-29-2001, 05:28 PM
What would life be if we didn’t have us 2 idiots arguing about a 36” gate or a 34”ztr

LGF:D

jeffyr
07-29-2001, 05:29 PM
now thats impressive.

Is it over yet ?

I have an idea. Email each other !

:p

kutnkev
07-29-2001, 06:21 PM
MIDSOUTH

would you please post a review of this machine it would be just right for the townhouses and row houses i do where the front is very small , but the back is 30x150 w/ no obsticles to speak of. beats walking all those back yards.
kevin

accentlc
07-30-2001, 01:26 AM
Ditto. I can't find anything on a Encore 34".

MIDSOUTH
07-30-2001, 11:59 PM
I'll work up a reveiw and take a pick of it

vipermanz
07-31-2001, 02:59 AM
:confused: this is confusing:confused:

GrassChopper
08-04-2001, 07:32 AM
I have two condo complexes that I mow. I bought a Wright 48" Stander and that cut 3 hours off my mowing time. I liked it so much that I bought a 36" Wright Stander so I could do the back yards. What a great investment. I was using a Lesco 36" belt drive. That was a pain in the rump.

I also mow 10 houses with gated back yards on thw water. The yards slope down to the canals at a rather steep angle. I can use the Wright because it is a standing mower and I can lean into the slope and change the center of gravity on the mower. Still have to be careful, but it does a great job on the steep slopes.

I believe a 36" ztr is a good investment if you have enough gated yards to make it feasible, like I do.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2001, 03:35 PM
Exmark has a 32" Viking Hydro

LoneStarLawn
08-04-2001, 03:54 PM
Exmark has a 32" Viking Hydro

The Viking Hydro only comes in 36" and 48" decks

The Metro comes in a 32" deck

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2001, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LoneStarLawn

The Viking Hydro only comes in 36" and 48" decks

The Metro comes in a 32" deck

Sorry LoneStar you would have seen it at the EXPO, if you would have went and checked out the Exmark booth

but it's not on the web site yet

new for 2002

LoneStarLawn
08-04-2001, 04:02 PM

Sorry LoneStar you would have seen it at the EXPO, if you would have went and checked out the Exmark booth

but it's not on the web site yet

new for 2002

My apologizes...Didn't get a chance to go and have not been informed on this new product. Historically Exmark has debuted all new products at the Louisville Expo. So without going I wouldn't have known.

gogetter
08-08-2001, 03:31 AM
Well, hopefully people will have read through all the crap to get my little post here.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my thoughts on the 36" ZTR thing.
I would love to have one (and probably will next season).
So many guys scoff at these type of machines and quickly dismiss them as "useless". For YOU maybe, but why assume they are useless for everyone?

Around my way there are A LOT of fenced backyards. Most are less then 10K sq.ft. (many are probably less then 7K sq.ft.).
These are relatively flat lawns with various obstacles (sheds, trees, bushes, swing sets, picnic tables, you name it).

My 36" metro exmark is kind of a pain in the butt to use around these obstacles. The turn radius kinda sucks and there are spots I gotta back out of which means using reverse or neutral.

For me, the Wright Stander 36" would be an ideal machine. Gets through the gate, goes fast, saves me walking, and I can get right in and out of those tight spots/turns quick and easy.

Ask the customers to install a larger gate? Uh, not gonna happen. These are middle class, blue collar folks around here. They aren't going to spend the money for that. They'll just call someone else.
You say "who needs 'em then"? I do! There are a hundred LCO's around here (legit and non-legit). I gotta take the work when I can get it.
Don't take that to mean that I take any job that comes along, I don't, but if I passed on all the fenced lawns with small gates, I'd really limit myself for where I can work.

My point is this, just because a 36" ZTR would be "useless" for YOU and YOUR type of properties/business, don't trash the guys that are interested in it to fill a certain niche.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-08-2001, 11:34 AM
Gogetter

I had almost 50 fenced yards in a row
However I did not have them when I bought my 36". So when I bought my 36" I made the mistake of buying a belt drive and did not have the knowledge of commercial mowers or this web site. I admit I did get a little rude and do apologize.

But for the long run it was more practical for me to either pay to make the gates bigger or have the customer pay if I could. At $30 to $40 a gate it was also more productive to make them bigger to fit a 52” mower in them. Even with a back yard as small as 4,000 square feet. Now we don’t have to carry a 36” mower or a push mower on every crew.
Yes I love to do as many small lawns in a row as we can, but we did find that even if we had a 32” W/B we still couldn’t fit it in all gates.

Exmark has a 32” hydro that should be out soon if it would help you

Micky
08-08-2001, 04:55 PM
You are not a real LCO around here unless you're willing to use a 21" in gated yards.

bubble boy
08-08-2001, 05:52 PM
im from where you are and all i can say is "huh?":confused:

Micky
08-08-2001, 07:15 PM
Let me rephrase that statement. Your not a real smart LCO around here if you don't carry a 21" for gated yards.
Alot of LCO's use the 36 z's on our lots. I opt for the 36 WB's, more versatile.

vipermanz
08-08-2001, 08:14 PM
theres that snapper 33" ztr

Jerald O'Malley
08-23-2001, 10:58 PM
After 12 years of using belt drives Ransomes I purchased a 36 Wright Stander on a whim. Visited my dealer one morning a month ago to get blades for one of my machines and noticed this beauty in the corner with the grass gobbler on it and so i asked the owner jokingly how much. the man said today 5000 no tax and catcher free. Inever would have thought i would ever pay this much for a machine but majority of times i have been a solo and at the end of the day i was wiped out. Anyway i bought this baby and it was the best equiptment purchase i ever have made. i purchased the 36 because most of my accounts are in the Boston area and are postage stamps but when you do 20-25 a day that adds up to a lot of walking. This thing flies and gives a great cut. A little awkward the 1st day but now i feel like putting the number three on the side and gettingsome sponsors. This thing rocks with the Kawi 17 hp and i would appreciate any advice on maintenence of hydros. Bythe way this is my first message i have ever posted on lawnsite even though i have enjoyed reading posts for the last few months since i discovered lawnsite. P.S. I one of the very few lcos around here that do not bag my grass. Many years of practice keeping the grass out of beds and touchingup with the ol Redmax 6200 and 7000. thank you

GrassChopper
08-24-2001, 12:15 AM
I also have the Wright Stander 36".

I have had a mishap which I need to tell you about.

I was mowing an account and made a turn after finishing a line. All of a sudden, the mower tilted to the side and stopped. I had popped a tire off the rim. I used to keep the tires pretty low pressure so they would grip better. The problem is that if the tire pressure is too low, the tire will pop off the bead during a turn. After this happened, I asked the dealer about this and he said to check the tire pressure often and if the front tires get low, they might break the bead too!

Just a little advise so you don't have to go through that.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-24-2001, 06:28 AM
Hey GrassChopper

Sorry to here about the mishap, But it will happen to any tubeless tire when it gets low on air. Trust me you're not the only one,:D

GrassChopper
08-24-2001, 08:00 AM
Yea, I figured it would, but the likelyhood for it happening increases with speed. I would notice it sooner with my w/b than with the Stander.

But I am checking them now. It was a b*tch getting that mower back to the trailer.

WREBELMACHINE
08-25-2001, 01:00 PM
I don't know if it's commercial grade or not but I have seen a 34" encore ztr.