PDA

View Full Version : Need tips to keep great dane stander from clumping

cleancutccl
03-29-2007, 06:41 PM
I've tried gator blades and high lifts and nothing seems to work. It has been very wet here and not the best conditions for mowing with any machine, but we also run a 60" gravely and don't have near as much of a problem. With the great dane some of the clumps are as big as two fists together. The machine is only about 2 weeks old, and one idea is that once the paint wears off under the deck it will discharge better, but anyone with any tips please chime in.

cleancutccl
03-29-2007, 10:34 PM
is anyone else having this problem?

Precision Lawns
03-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Are you have RPM trouble? I had this problem when my mower wouldn't run full tilt.

tallimeca
03-30-2007, 09:40 AM
if it 's that wet like you say, you have to keep on top of keeping under the deck cleaned. If you block up the baffles, the air won't flow like it's designed too.

wet=slow mowing.

Meg-Mo
03-30-2007, 09:41 AM
The MEG MO blades will stop that problem.

Daneman
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I've tried gator blades and high lifts and nothing seems to work. It has been very wet here and not the best conditions for mowing with any machine, but we also run a 60" gravely and don't have near as much of a problem. With the great dane some of the clumps are as big as two fists together. The machine is only about 2 weeks old, and one idea is that once the paint wears off under the deck it will discharge better, but anyone with any tips please chime in.

What machine do you have. The older units clumped a lot more than the new units, my new units disperse the grass much better. If it is a stand on, does the fuel tank have the steel wrapped around it? If so, it is an older model.

robertsturf
03-30-2007, 01:29 PM
First off don't waste you money on Megablows!! You didn't say what size the deck was. I had a 36" with the 3 little blades under the deck. If you have that machine good luck. If you have a larger model I would check your engine RPM. It has been very rainy here in the KC area this spring and we are dealing with a similar problem with our Standers, but it is not too bad. We run doubles and it really helps blowing chunks.