PDA

View Full Version : Advice from the Professionals

devnuts
03-29-2007, 07:19 PM
I only mow about 8-10hrs a week....My house and some friends and family members. Most of these lawns are pretty large. I want to get a rider and am looking at some of the reidential/commercial models. What do you guys recommend for a decent machine with a good cut? I know you get what you pay for but I figure you guys might steer me in right direction. Right now looking at the Cub Cadet Z-force 60inch, I already own a exmark 48 walk behind....

eaglejrl
03-29-2007, 09:15 PM
NO CUB CADET. I have a z-force 44 with about 130 hours. I have replaced the spindles on it about 4 times, even though I grease them every time I go out. The deck has cracked and has had to be welded. The air filter system is lousy. I finally went and bought an exmark.

ProStreetCamaro
03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
NO CUB CADET. I have a z-force 44 with about 130 hours. I have replaced the spindles on it about 4 times, even though I grease them every time I go out. The deck has cracked and has had to be welded. The air filter system is lousy. I finally went and bought an exmark.

Here we go again. Your comparing a residential mower to a commercial one.

causalitist
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM
with 8-10 hours a week, if your 48" walkbehind works, just use it. if you dont already have a sulkie, get one.

TheKingNJ
03-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Do A Search!

eaglejrl
03-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Here we go again. Your comparing a residential mower to a commercial one.

Duh! I'm trying to let him know that buying a cub cadet would be a mistake - even if it was used only as a residential mower.