PDA

View Full Version : $999 for John Deere w/13HP Honda, 3800 psi, 4gpm- good deal?

lawnguyland
03-29-2007, 09:10 PM
the title says it all really except it's cold water.

Deal or no deal?

Thanks folks

poolboy
03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
$$$ sounds about right. Most likely it's a direct drive unit. What are you planning to do with the machine?

lawnguyland
04-01-2007, 08:09 AM
$$$ sounds about right. Most likely it's a direct drive unit. What are you planning to do with the machine?

You are correct sir- direct drive, thanks for the reply. I simply plan on cleaning my car, truck , equip, patio stuff, and my parent's house with it. I may offer pwashing to existing landscape clients as well, but I'm not planning on starting a business or anything. I think it's almost too much for just those things, but it will be a lot faster than with a smaller unit and time=$!

poolboy
04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
That unit will work fine, plus in the future you can get a small surface cleaner to work with that unit to speed things up.

howardsells2000
04-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I saw the same machine at Lowes. I'm considering buying one myself.

mverick
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I got the northern tool 24hp 5000psi unit. Lots of power but be carefull you can tear stuff up. I got 2 pallet containers for 250gallons a piece and just load them on my trailer if needed.

mverick
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh, you can also use them to trench for small lines and blow holes under side walks. Lots of uses.

lawnguyland
04-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Oh, you can also use them to trench for small lines and blow holes under side walks. Lots of uses.

Ooooooooo! I never thought of that. That's a good one. I'd probably use an edger to trench, but the under the sidewalk idea is great! That's why I wade thru the piles of useless crap to get to gems like that! Brilliant~ thank you!

lawnguyland
04-10-2007, 06:47 AM
I saw the same machine at Lowes. I'm considering buying one myself.

That's the one! I got it, but haven't started it yet since I don't want water in the pump yet as the temps are still freezing at night. I'll let ya know how it is. It matches my mowers (how cheeeeesy).

mverick
04-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Ooooooooo! I never thought of that. That's a good one. I'd probably use an edger to trench, but the under the sidewalk idea is great! That's why I wade thru the piles of useless crap to get to gems like that! Brilliant~ thank you!

Yea trencher is better but when you're trying to lay a pipe in new dirt and don't have the trencher with you. Ya use what ya got. :)

It does blow mud all over though so use at your discretion.

Stillwater
10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I was wondering what unit was better the john deere or the dewalt

Happy Frog
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I was wondering what unit was better the john deere or the dewalt

They are similar but I found the DeWalt cart and lance to be better made.:drinkup:

Stillwater
10-27-2007, 11:19 AM
They are similar but I found the DeWalt cart and lance to be better made.:drinkup:

thanks for the input

NJWashingGuy
10-28-2007, 04:15 AM
check who makes the pump on the machine......CAT and General are better and have rebuild parts readily available. If its an AR pump, keep looking...they suck. the price is about right for the output, but there are plenty of reputable powerwasher distributors besides lowes and home depot. I would look elsewhere for an end of season sale. That my $0.02.