PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean Ups

Crhservices10
03-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Is the best and quickest way to perform a spring clean up to blow out all the flower beds and pick up everything with the mower. I live in Mass and is next week to early to be putting mowers to the turf? Just looking for what others do for spring clean ups!

Raven386
03-30-2007, 11:32 AM
welcome to lawnsite. i live in CT and im starting my clean-ups this upcoming week. and yes, thats probably the easiest way to do the clean-up. if thats all the customer wants is to pick up the leaves.

Crhservices10
03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
So its not to early to be putting mowers on the turf? looks like rain for mon and tues here in mass.

Raven386
03-30-2007, 11:37 AM
it depends. some yards are still to wet, others arent. i couldve cut mine if i wanted to yesterday. if theres rain in your forecast, im going to say its going to be to wet.

RedMax Man
03-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Walk on the lawn and if its soggy, wet and muddy then i wouldn't run the mowers on it.

deyoe1118
04-02-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm in Albany and the rain is not helping one bit...I'm guessing another week for spring clean ups...customers are going crazy already...LOL:dizzy:

BW Landscaping
04-02-2007, 01:30 AM
i started my cleanups this past weekend here on long island, and so far so good.....supposed to be cold though this week after the rain we are getting tonight

Gmgbo
04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
i have not started cleanups in ct yet, the grass hasnt rooted well enough yet so raking it and driving the mower over it will most likely damage it.

jrc lawncare
04-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm in Albany and the rain is not helping one bit...I'm guessing another week for spring clean ups...customers are going crazy already...LOL:dizzy: Got that right, I'm going nuts waiting.

mole
04-03-2007, 09:27 AM
ive started ripped a couple of lawns but made a muddy mess from walking on them. real wet here in buffalo, now it's supposed to snow. I hate early april. decided to wait for the rest for next week, supposed to put a wall up but don't feel like getting that dirty already plus my back isn't ready yet, long 6mos off. havn't put the plow away yet, getting tired of looking at it in the driveway. maybe i'll do that today, oh yeah maybe i'll take the z back to the shop today too. just real lazy right now can't seem to get going maybe it's all the crazy flyiers in my mail box, just wonder if there blind when they drop them off my truck is sitting right by it with my signs on it.