PDA

View Full Version : Falling gas prices but not rain!

BRIMOW525
07-26-2001, 08:06 AM
Idon't know about anyone else but gas around here is averaging $1.23- $1.31 which is great!!:D BUT... there has been no decent amount of rain in about 3 weeks. Lawns are gettin dry. Temps have been great and low humidity. Of course all the ChemLawn lawns are burnt up with an application just last week. So some give us a rain dance so this stuff will green up!

HOMER
07-26-2001, 08:35 AM
But I thought the grass was greener on your side?:D

Gas prices here are as low as I've seen them in a long time, $1.19 for regular. Diesel on the other hand is still $1.41!

Rainfall has been great this summer. Looks like more on the way this afternoon.

Just heard briefly that OPEC was going to cut production by 1,000,000 barrels a day so by Sept. we could see gas prices go back up.

Just can't catch a break can we?

KirbysLawn
07-26-2001, 09:07 AM
Filled up Tuesday for $1.14 a gallon at BJ's warehouse and we have had rain for 2 days now. I hope the grass rebounds quickly, many lawns are turning a nice shade of brown. :(

TGCummings
07-26-2001, 09:18 AM
Filled up yestersday and regular was $1.69/gallon; a good rate for my area. No rain here since April, but temps rarely get to 80 this time of year, so those who irrigate still have green lawns.

Those on my fertilizer plan have thick, green lawns. :)

We get the Indian Summer out here, so we'll start getting a little hotter and a little dryer in Aug-Oct. Chances of rain from June through October are just about nil, every year...

-TGC

Mike (MLC)
07-26-2001, 09:27 AM
Gas prices are pretty low around here. $1.09 for regular and $1.19 for disel. On are trip to Kentucky the highest gas price we paid was around $1.34. The rain has slowed down quite a bit in our area. It has been just hit and miss, which we seem to be getting the miss all the time. Some lawns are looking pretty dry. I hope we get a decent rain soon. :rolleyes:

script
07-26-2001, 09:51 AM
Prices here are around $1.17 for regular, had about 1/2 inch of rain yesterday and is drizzling outside right now.

Bobby

MATTHEW
07-29-2001, 12:49 AM
Just got back from georgia, prices were $1.09. Now I am back to $1.30. (Ican deal with that) But, In my area, the lawns are totally dormant. 10 miles to the south they are lush and green. We had 0.2" of rain in the month of July!!!!!!!!! Now what am I gonna do?
I know how you feel!:cry:

Charles
07-29-2001, 08:35 AM
Prices 1.13 reg, 1.23$ 89 octane
Rain--6" to 8" last week-- woohoo!
Yep OPEC getting ready to jerk our chain again even though prices are still fairly high

Eric ELM
07-29-2001, 11:37 AM
The gas prices went up to over $2.00 and dropped back to about $1.32 and then back up to $1.50's and then back down to $1.32. I hope it stays at this price or lower. It is sure better than last year at least. :)

Now all we need is some rain so we can use some gas and diesel to go mowing.

Scag48
07-29-2001, 01:18 PM
Gas prices here are at like $1.29 last time I checked. We haven't had rain in about a week and the forest fires around here are still raging :(. One fire started yesterday across the lake from my house and was at 125 acres (small) when it claimed one house. It's still going today. I have a friend who's dad has a D4 Cat and they're using it to make firelines so the community is helping out anywhere and everywhere. We need some rain to help put out these fires. 35 MPH winds had it raging yesterday but with the wind blowing to the North East, they were hoping it would move the fire down to the mighty Columbia River, where it might stop. We've had 3 within 100 miles of my house in 1 month. It's got to stop!

EJK2352
07-29-2001, 01:35 PM
I'm in the same boat with you MATTHEW, less than a 1/4" of rain in July so far. All my lawns are TOAST. I'm going to Ocean City, Maryland next week for vacation & I wont be missing anything back home as far as mowing goes. :( ED