PDA

View Full Version : cure for bahai blues

HOMER
07-26-2001, 08:31 AM
I know we're beating this drum a lot but I have to share this.

The rain has really had that bahai grass jumping around here alot and if it stays there a little longer than it should it gets tougher and tougher to cut. I put a new set of blades on my 72" and a new set on the 50". I took the gators that I had on the 50", sharpened them and used them on the top of the 72" standard lifts. I was having to re-cut a lot of bahai last week but with this set-up I found it cut 99.9 % in one pass. Not only does it cut it with one pass but it also got the stems down to a couple inches
long vs. 5 or 6.

Needless to say I am very pleased:)

kutnkru
07-26-2001, 10:30 AM
Double Blades.

They're not just for mulching leaves anymore. Try them on bahai, nutsedge, overgrown or fallow lots, with milk ...

In all seriousness, Im glad you have found something to increase your wallet, not your operating expenses. :D

Kris

TLS
07-26-2001, 10:55 AM
HOMER,

I think that you may have something here! The 50" blades create a lift halfway down the 72" blade, in essence making the entire length from bolt to tip one big lift or suction rather than just the tips as in a standard double.

I'll have to try this with my 60" and put 48" Scag blades on top.

Anyone else have another theory on this?

John DiMartino
07-26-2001, 04:35 PM
I have been using the 50"Dixie blades I still have from the mower I sold,as doubles on my 60" Dixie,it does work pretty good,and dont bog the engine as much as the 60" doubles does.I never posted it ,I thought others were doing this too.I like gators on center and left,on a U-groove hi-lift on the discharge one,all with stock 60" lo-lifts under them.If its wet,I take off the 2 gators,and use 1/4" spacers,I made out by cutting down worn out blades into squares,so I can still use the hi-lift on the discharge side only,and have the height stay the same.I like my homemade spacers,now I go from singles,to doubles without changing the height,every time i do,and can run doubles on the discharge spindle to throw the grass further,without bogging the engine with a full set.

Eric ELM
07-26-2001, 04:39 PM
I posted a while back I used 50" gators on my 60" last fall along with other things. :)

Your theory sounds right Dixe1. ;)

CSRA Landscaping
07-26-2001, 06:49 PM
Homer, man, I can't resist this one. My wife tells me that I should have been an english teacher because I correct her all the time, so this isn't personal. :D

Bahai is a religion. :eek:

Bahia is a grass. ;)

HOMER
07-27-2001, 07:43 AM
Mie dab RSCA...................I thot I head spellt that rite. Mie e-bonics teecha wuz allrong werentshe.

If i neet anymor hepl wit mie spleling can i contakt you#

Never heard that bahai was a religion..................I bet it's a tough one to follow.

CSRA Landscaping
07-27-2001, 09:12 AM
:laugh: ROFL :laugh:

It's a mideastern religion, Iran, etc.