PDA

View Full Version : Stihl, Redmax, Echo.....

mott413
03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Which of these brands overall produce the least vibration when using, such as trimmer, blower, edger, etc.

byoung
03-30-2007, 04:56 PM
As for blowers, Solo is better for noise, power, AND vibration...

Lugnut
03-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I can't say I've noticed any differences with the trimmers, they all seem to have a little bit of vibration. As for the blowers, I've never really felt any vibrations to speak of from my Redmax or Stihl. I can't really speak of Echo because all the ones I've used did vibrate pretty bad but were also pretty old so that would be expected.

puddin' pie
03-30-2007, 05:54 PM
i like stihl

walker/redmax
03-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Actually, none of them vibrate too bad but my overall favorite product is the Redmax.

bohiaa
03-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I like echo.........

Just my 2 cents worth :headphones:

tallimeca
03-30-2007, 07:51 PM
say a brand and have answers that one is better then the other.

Every model is different.

Red Max's blowers may be smoother then Stihl, but Stihls trimmers might be smoother then redmax.

Have a dealer fire one up for you and try it out.

S man
03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
say a brand and have answers that one is better then the other.

Every model is different.

Red Max's blowers may be smoother then Stihl, but Stihls trimmers might be smoother then redmax.

Have a dealer fire one up for you and try it out.

The 4 mix is very smooth. As for the old fs85, my arm hurt after two lawns:cry:

Mowman16
03-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I like Redmax, Solo dose have some impressive blowers. Though not impressive enough for me to switch.

S man
03-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Redmax trimmers are not as solid as stihl. but are okay.

mott413
03-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Can someone explain to me the 4-mix trimmers? How much more expensive are they? I was looking at Stihls website and I can't find prices or which models are the 4-mix.

TheLawnBarber
03-30-2007, 10:56 PM
The 4-mix's are just as exspensive as other brands models that have the same specs. My Stihls don't really have any vibrations. Theres always going to be slight vibrations beacause the engines like 6 inches away from you. But anyways if your in the market for new trimmers blowers etc, just get it over with and buy Stihl.

S man
04-01-2007, 09:12 PM
The 4-mix's are just as exspensive as other brands models that have the same specs. My Stihls don't really have any vibrations. Theres always going to be slight vibrations beacause the engines like 6 inches away from you. But anyways if your in the market for new trimmers blowers etc, just get it over with and buy Stihl.

I can agree. although I do like redmax blowers though.

allgreenlawncare
04-01-2007, 10:43 PM
My guys fight over who gets the Redmax's looser gets the Stihl's

Redmax blows the Stihl away..

ed2hess
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM

Are you suggesting that your guys like to carry the heavier weight blower:confused: Given a choice all out guys go for the lightest unit in the cages and starting with Stihl 320 and working up to the two Echo 650 units which are the heaviest by a large amount. No incentive to be using the heaviest unit in our crews....they really liked the BR600 when we did demo.

allgreenlawncare
04-02-2007, 08:41 PM
All about the uphill power. Most of are lawns are waterfront so we have to blow the leafs uphill to the vacum truck. He who has the power wins..

Hands down Redmax..

LawnMower
04-03-2007, 10:47 AM

LOL

Red Max doesn't blow Stihl away. Stihl has a narrower air stream coming out of the nozzle. The Red Max has a wider air stream.

I have both, and the Stihl has a lot less vibration then the Red Max. The Red Max has an incredible amount of vibration.

If there both sitting there, I grab the Stihl every time, and so do the guys.

S man
04-06-2007, 01:57 AM
LOL

Red Max doesn't blow Stihl away. Stihl has a narrower air stream coming out of the nozzle. The Red Max has a wider air stream.

I have both, and the Stihl has a lot less vibration then the Red Max. The Red Max has an incredible amount of vibration.

If there both sitting there, I grab the Stihl every time, and so do the guys.

Yes but the 7001 is great for everyday use.

ChadsLawn
04-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Ive found in my years of mowing, that alot of the vibration in trimmers comes from they way you wind the string in the trimmers.. I cant say for all brands. Ive mostly owned Shindawia. As far as blowers. Ive only owned a Shindawia 630 and recently bought a used Echo bp603. This echo is probably the smoothest blower I have ever owned.

Just my 2 cents