PDA

View Full Version : Weights for front of 36" walk behind?

lasher66
03-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I have a Bunton 36" walk behind and the front of it seems to bounce up very easily when mowing. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to weigh it down more so it doesnt bounce as much? Thanks for any help.

Jason

mow2nd
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Yep, I had that problem with my Husqvarna 36 when I first bought it. I guess now I'm just used to it. They had some weights I could of had put on it but never got around to it. Actually now I dont seem to have a problem, guess I just got better at holdn it down. But I do know of people who have put weights on the front in.

brucec32
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
If it is a fixed deck mower with spacers you put on the front caster posts, just replace one spacer with a similar thickness 5 lb metal dumbell weight on each side. No more bouncing.

Frosty03
04-01-2007, 07:54 AM
I added a weight kit to my 36" hydro. It helped a LOT to keep the front down. This is especially true with a sulky. However, if you still get a lot of bounce, move your feet to the rear of the sulky and hang your heels off of it. You will be surprised at how well this will work. With the 36" deck, it is so light that I couldn't hardly ride the sulky without the weight kit.

mott413
04-01-2007, 11:05 AM
where can you buy weight kits for the walk behinds?