PDA

View Full Version : Redmax to Husqvarna

walker/redmax
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
So what do you guys think about the fact that Husqvarna bought Redmax? How many of you Redmax fans think this will have an impact on the quality of Redmax's product or on your business with them. Or any Redmax dealers. . . what do you think? Lets see how many more times i can say the word 'redmax' in this post. I suppose that I'm not gonna start using another brand just because the company has changed hands but if they start selling 'em at Home cheepo or the quality goes downhill its all over. I am also very loyal to my dealer and if they quit carrying redmax, I'll definitely take a good look at whatever they switch to. Any thoughts??????????????????????????:waving:

AL Inc
03-30-2007, 07:06 PM
I've been switching back to Echo 2 cycle equipment, I had enough of Redmax, I have a graveyard full of those turd blowers. The only Redmax equipment I have anymore are the line trimmers, which I really do like. I used to run Shindaiwa line trimmers, may have to go back to those.

lawnboy dan
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
the only thing redmax i cant do with out is their hedge trimmers. everything else i can get just as good from some one else

mow2nd
03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Redmax sucks............they have always sucked. I have been using Husqvarna sence they came out with their commercial line in 2000. Their weedeaters are great, very light weight and they do the job. Lightest weedeater I have every used and I have used them all.

tallimeca
03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
in the outdoor power industries, companies buy out companies left and right.

Husky is a big money company and they will keep Redmax their own entity at least for now. They did it with blue bird. But like Blue Bird, they willl offer the same thing in Orange.

The Eb7001's are in Orange already. 170bf in husky.

String trimmer and hand blower are in orange as well.

The eb8001's will be in orange for the fall. That's all as of now, but i'm sure they'll incorporate more and more.

Husky had some problems getting their larger 2 stroke motors to cert for epa specs, so i'm guessing they will continue to keep Red Max and their engineering department alive and running.

saw man
03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Redmax does not make a hand blower for Husky, nor a trimmer!

MikeLT1Z28
03-30-2007, 10:00 PM
i love my redmax stuff... a lot more than i can say for my old stihl stuff.

Grass-Masters
03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
I Hope they leave them alone, unlike most on here right now I love my redmax equipment.

husqvarna
03-31-2007, 12:12 AM
maybe Red max will finally have something ill want to buy!

dcondon
03-31-2007, 12:14 AM

LOL we think the same way!!!!!:)

walker/redmax
04-01-2007, 05:46 PM

Me too, thats why Im a little worried.

Shades of Green LService
04-01-2007, 05:51 PM
So what do you guys think about the fact that Husqvarna bought Redmax? How many of you Redmax fans think this will have an impact on the quality of Redmax's product or on your business with them. Or any Redmax dealers. . . what do you think? Lets see how many more times i can say the word 'redmax' in this post. I suppose that I'm not gonna start using another brand just because the company has changed hands but if they start selling 'em at Home cheepo or the quality goes downhill its all over. I am also very loyal to my dealer and if they quit carrying redmax, I'll definitely take a good look at whatever they switch to. Any thoughts??????????????????????????:waving:

Where did you hear this? BTW Red Max blowers are the best, Bar None. Husquvarna weed wackers are actually very good. I've had 2 huskys and 2 red max. I actually prefer husky's.
-Jay

fazzy815-66
04-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Here in southern Mich. Redmax 7001 is the blower of choice... I see more of these than any other blower.....nuff said!

bigtex
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Give The Husqvarna A Try, I've Owned Three Of Them. One I've Had For 7 Years Now
And Last Fall I Ran It 40 Hrs A Week Pushin Leaves. For Its First 5 Years It Was In Primary Use.
Have It In Semi Retirement Now. But Still Shows Up!

tallimeca
04-02-2007, 08:52 PM
the redmax models husky has in their lineup is the ebZ7001 version with the strato-charged engine, which is a couple cc's bigger then the regular eb7001.

Unboxed one saturday to put on the floor. Only difference is the plastic shround around the cylinder, and the handles for the tubes. Otherwise, it's a Redmax.

Not even an hour after it was on the wall, it was sold, so unboxed another one!

saw man
04-03-2007, 12:36 AM
the redmax models husky has in their lineup is the ebZ7001 version with the strato-charged engine, which is a couple cc's bigger then the regular eb7001.

Unboxed one saturday to put on the floor. Only difference is the plastic shround around the cylinder, and the handles for the tubes. Otherwise, it's a Redmax.

Not even an hour after it was on the wall, it was sold, so unboxed another one!

They doi have a couple Backpack blowers in their lineup but no trimmer and no handheld blowers from Redmax.