PDA

View Full Version : ...save the bees

Lawn-Scapes
07-26-2001, 10:11 AM
This was in todays paper...

Farmers, vegetable growers and fruit growers need honey bees and bumble bees to pollinate crops. Save them from being killed by lawn mowers. I discovered that you should wait to cut your grass until just before the sun goes down. If your grass has little white clover flowers and/or other flower, wait until the bees go home for the night.

Time to go read that thread "headlights on Lazer" and do some rescheduling I guess...

Shoot... trying to run down bees is one of the things I do to keep myself entertained. :)

kutnkru
07-26-2001, 10:33 AM
I didnt see any mention about cancelling ChemLawn. Afterall, no one could possibly damage the micro-biological activity or longevity of bees better. :D

Kris

Guido
07-26-2001, 01:14 PM
Some people have too much time on their hands if they're even writing stupid articles like that!

I'm a killer I guess.... a Bee killer!

Sounds tough, no?

John DiMartino
07-26-2001, 04:15 PM
I guess the tree huggers will have to use pesticides now,to keep the little white flowers off their lawn,and in turn save the bees.When taking the NY applicators test,the DEC wants the applicator to mow first,or wait til bees arent working in the area to apply pesticides.There is no way for a pesticide company to be able to follow around a lawn crew ,just one more reason to have one LCO handle all work on site.

lawnboy82
07-26-2001, 04:25 PM
only one thing is coming to my mind here. is that if you do kill honeybees on purpose, there is a nice size fine that goes with that activity. just thought you may want to know. however - this is with pesticides.