PDA

View Full Version : Exmark ocdc.. pics

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Picked up a new mower this week and had the exmark discharge blocker installed.
Seems to work good so far.. haven't used it much yet though.
Only problem I have found is that there is a small gap near the front which I'm certain isn't supposed to be there.
I think whovever assembled it at my dealer modified the flap and discharge chute to make it fit and work together, (or either it's on backwards because of the angle.. but the flap is riveted on)

I have now removed the chute cover so I get some blowout from the gap.
Talked to dealer and this will be fixed next week.

Took a few pictures because I couldn't find any of this new system when I was deciding on which one to get.
Maybe they will help others looking to purchase one too.

Biggest downfall is of course the price ($350.) but if it works like it should, will be a good investment to fit my needs and provide quality service.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5630/pict1117mw5.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4294/pict1135jx0.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2720/pict1122yp6.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8025/pict1120cf6.jpg

Grits
03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
That's a nice blocker set-up. I think it would be worth the money.

S man
03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
How much did it cost you????

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 08:23 PM
How much did it cost you????

$350. installed.. or maybe they installed for free because of mower purchase, not sure

Should be included either way though being OEM.

Mowman16
03-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I bought the track-vac chute blocker on my HP, yours sure looks nicer. But I only paid 100.00 installed, so it looks very nice for the money.

Mowman16
03-30-2007, 08:36 PM
And by the way NICE mower! :weightlifter:

bigtex
03-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Nice Mower Bro!

chipk1
03-30-2007, 08:47 PM
I had the same put on mine, paid 350.00 also. Dealer was cussing up storm. said it was a PITA to install! Works well though.

chipk1
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
What do think about the roll over bar. Got caught a a branch and almost flip me backwards. Thinking about removing it.

mcwlandscaping
03-30-2007, 09:22 PM
How do you open and close it?? nice mower!!

chipk1
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Tap a foot pedal with your left foot

S man
03-30-2007, 09:29 PM
How much was the actual mower?????

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 09:44 PM
And by the way NICE mower! :weightlifter:
Thanks! :)

What do think about the roll over bar. Got caught a a branch and almost flip me backwards. Thinking about removing it.
I had the same problem before with a limb almost flipping me over too on a friend's exmark.
Since then I always I keep mine in the back position. May take it off altogether.. think it's only held on by 4 bolts. We don't mow too many steep hills around here anyway.. if so will use the 21 or 44 WB.

How do you open and close it?? nice mower!!
As chipk1 said it's controlled by a foot pedal.. pretty comfortable.
Here's the control pedal.. the release is sensitive yet still holds up in bumpy terrain so far.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8025/pict1120cf6.jpg

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 09:54 PM
How much was the actual mower?????

Got the last crated '06 model for around $7800. + tax
Saved me a few hundred bucks over the same '07 model.

Think the '07s are $8300.-$8400 here, with no major (if any) changes.

HP 56" Triton 27 Kohler

ZX12R
03-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Is that the mulching kit that they sell??

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Is that the mulching kit that they sell??

No the mulching kit is different.

ZX12R
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
No the mulching kit is different.

Ok,whats the purpose of the discharge blocker? For those who have the mulching kit installed,how does it work in spring when the grass grows likw crazy?Does it lose all of the grass?

chipk1
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I use the block keep from shooting into the beds. In St Augustine grass, you don't need a mulch kit with the Ultra Cut deck. It mulches already with out it!

eaglejrl
03-30-2007, 11:05 PM
I didn't know they made such a device. I've got to get one. I mow a couple of cemetaries. To get close to a grave stone on the right side, you have to raise the chute and then grass blows back all over you. What I end up doing is only going next to markers with the left side of the mower - which makes for a lot of extra riding. With a blocker on, I could just leave the chute up all the time and not worry about it.

chipk1
03-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I didn't know they made such a device. I've got to get one. I mow a couple of cemetaries. To get close to a grave stone on the right side, you have to raise the chute and then grass blows back all over you. What I end up doing is only going next to markers with the left side of the mower - which makes for a lot of extra riding. With a blocker on, I could just leave the chute up all the time and not worry about it.

I took mine of the first day, just gets in the way.

eaglejrl
03-30-2007, 11:36 PM
I took mine of the first day, just gets in the way.

took what off. your chute or blocker?

chipk1
03-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Chute, Sorry I wasn't clear on that. The block already deflect anything that may shoot upward.

TLS
04-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Question.... Does the unit raise all the way up?

As in to the 12 o'clock position?

Or does it just operate in the 6 to 9 o'clock position.

Can you take that cover off the control mechanism and snap a few pics?

Also, some more in the attachment areas.

Thanks

lawntimenosee
04-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Question.... Does the unit raise all the way up?

As in to the 12 o'clock position?

Or does it just operate in the 6 to 9 o'clock position.

Can you take that cover off the control mechanism and snap a few pics?

Also, some more in the attachment areas.

Thanks

It only operates 90 degrees.. 6 to 9 o' clock....
I will try to take more detailed pictures tomorrow.
Thanks.

waterboy1
04-19-2007, 12:43 AM
I have the same mower. I run the mulch kit on mine. One thing to keep a watch on. The foot pedal for the deck lift will start slipping. Mine started after I got mine and has gotten so bad, I have to lift the deck by hand now. The 07's have a better pedal assembly, like on the 60" models. Hopefully you will not run into this problem, it can be a pain. You'll love the machine though. Mine has about 85 hrs so far.

Jason

ribbie78
04-19-2007, 01:02 AM

...i just took the top of mine off about 2 hrs ago. I have no hills; and lots of trees on my properties. Ditches I use the wb in anyway.

BTW- nice lookin ocdc :clapping: on a really shiny new exmark :clapping: :clapping:

Myk
04-19-2007, 01:32 AM
I had the OCDC installed the first of the year and I have used the piss out of it. IMO best investment I made for an attachment on my exmark... The only problem I ran into is I had the blocker down and was pointed down in a ditch it pushed the blocker into the blade and took about an inch off the bottom of the blocker still blocks the grass just fine, but now it will shoot out some grass. I paid $400 installed for mine........$350 sounds better though

MuleCutter
04-19-2007, 10:14 PM

if you dont cut on bad inclines or hills i strongly recommend removing the ROPS. i've come close to flipping backwards a few times on my HP and my XS models. i've also ripped mailboxes off of the posts and done other damaging things. it's hard to get used to constantly watching what you could possibly hit but it's worth it. once you take them off it takes getting used to not watchin out for stuff.... haha!!

ChadsLawn
04-19-2007, 10:23 PM
if you dont cut on bad inclines or hills i strongly recommend removing the ROPS. i've come close to flipping backwards a few times on my HP and my XS models. i've also ripped mailboxes off of the posts and done other damaging things. it's hard to get used to constantly watching what you could possibly hit but it's worth it. once you take them off it takes getting used to not watchin out for stuff.... haha!!

That may be against OSHA if you take the ROPS system off. but Im not sure.. Im still old Skoolin..

lawntimenosee
04-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I had the OCDC installed the first of the year and I have used the piss out of it. IMO best investment I made for an attachment on my exmark... The only problem I ran into is I had the blocker down and was pointed down in a ditch it pushed the blocker into the blade and took about an inch off the bottom of the blocker still blocks the grass just fine, but now it will shoot out some grass. I paid $400 installed for mine........$350 sounds better though

Ouch!.. Glad it didn't chew up the whole flap.. lol.

Oh and I guess after all said & done my ocdc costed a little more than $350.. , forgot about state taxes.. grr.. :hammerhead:

lawntimenosee
04-20-2007, 12:09 AM
...i just took the top of mine off about 2 hrs ago. I have no hills; and lots of trees on my properties. Ditches I use the wb in anyway.

BTW- nice lookin ocdc :clapping: on a really shiny new exmark :clapping: :clapping:

Thank You! :D

Oh yea.. my rops is coming off this weekend, just haven't had the time lately to do anything besides work.. guess that's a good thing though. :dizzy:

Itzkcatz
04-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Does it still spread the grass just as good with it in the up position. It almost looks like it would deflect the grass down. Im thinking of putting one on my new triton.

lawntimenosee
04-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Does it still spread the grass just as good with it in the up position. It almost looks like it would deflect the grass down. Im thinking of putting one on my new triton.

For me it's working out great.. spreads the grass just as if the rubber discharge chute was in lowered position. (I have now removed mine.)

No clumping, plenty of spreading so far.. hopefully this will continue as the grass grows!