PDA

View Full Version : Talk About An AWSOME Dealer

pclawncare
03-30-2007, 07:23 PM
I would like to say that my local deal here is absolutely amazing. Anyone near or around nw oklahoma shoud pm me and ill give you the dealers name. I have a grasshopper from him and 2 walkers and all my hand held stuff anyway its been raining crazy for the past week and half of so and i had a big 8 acre place that needed to be mowed it dried up a little today so i though i could get on it. Anyway i was mowing the top side of a bar ditch anyway one rear tire fell over the edge the sandy soil gave way and i found my self at the bottom of the ditch in about 6" of water and stuck all alone no one else to help me. I call my dealer to find out how to unlock the hydro since i never had on the grasshopper with the hope of maybe tieing up to my walker and getting out of the water atleast. Anyway i was about 10 mi from the dealership they ask me where i am. In about 10 min here comes the owner and his head mechanic. It was now pooring rain after about 15 min and trying different places we got it out it was a pretty deep ditch on the side of a highway not the easies place to get to. Anyway i though it was amazing that the owner and head mechanic both took probably 45 min out of their day to come out and help me. Most people would have just been like o too bad. They alwase service my equipment quick and i have virtualy no down time there for this kind of treatment keeps me buying more and more equipment from them insted of the other dealer in town

chipk1
03-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I thought my dealer was good. They have always got me out right away or gave me a loaner to use until mine was done ,but I don't think they would come and bail me out on site. That's great! I will have to try that one day just to see what thier response is.:drinkup:

pclawncare
03-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Ya i though it was great i didnt expect it at all i just couldn find the lever to unlock the hydros and here they come and show up

Coumbe
03-31-2007, 01:16 AM
I will go slap my local dealer on Monday! :laugh:

chipk1
03-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Maybe I should print this thread out and send it to my dealer with the head "How to be an Ideal Dealer". :laugh:

puppypaws
03-31-2007, 08:32 PM
I would like to say that my local deal here is absolutely amazing. Anyone near or around nw oklahoma shoud pm me and ill give you the dealers name. I have a grasshopper from him and 2 walkers and all my hand held stuff anyway its been raining crazy for the past week and half of so and i had a big 8 acre place that needed to be mowed it dried up a little today so i though i could get on it. Anyway i was mowing the top side of a bar ditch anyway one rear tire fell over the edge the sandy soil gave way and i found my self at the bottom of the ditch in about 6" of water and stuck all alone no one else to help me. I call my dealer to find out how to unlock the hydro since i never had on the grasshopper with the hope of maybe tieing up to my walker and getting out of the water atleast. Anyway i was about 10 mi from the dealership they ask me where i am. In about 10 min here comes the owner and his head mechanic. It was now pooring rain after about 15 min and trying different places we got it out it was a pretty deep ditch on the side of a highway not the easies place to get to. Anyway i though it was amazing that the owner and head mechanic both took probably 45 min out of their day to come out and help me. Most people would have just been like o too bad. They alwase service my equipment quick and i have virtualy no down time there for this kind of treatment keeps me buying more and more equipment from them insted of the other dealer in townI would say he is one of a kind, not only is he a good dealer he has to be a wonderful person. He could possibly be the only one in the US that would do that, you need to make it a point to take them out for a nice lunch, that is really unbelievable.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
03-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Maybe I should print this thread out and send it to my dealer with the head "How to be an Ideal Dealer". :laugh:

Sounds like a plan to me.

lawnspecialties
03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
I would like to say that my local deal here is absolutely amazing. Anyone near or around nw oklahoma shoud pm me and ill give you the dealers name. I have a grasshopper from him and 2 walkers and all my hand held stuff anyway its been raining crazy for the past week and half of so and i had a big 8 acre place that needed to be mowed it dried up a little today so i though i could get on it. Anyway i was mowing the top side of a bar ditch anyway one rear tire fell over the edge the sandy soil gave way and i found my self at the bottom of the ditch in about 6" of water and stuck all alone no one else to help me. I call my dealer to find out how to unlock the hydro since i never had on the grasshopper with the hope of maybe tieing up to my walker and getting out of the water atleast. Anyway i was about 10 mi from the dealership they ask me where i am. In about 10 min here comes the owner and his head mechanic. It was now pooring rain after about 15 min and trying different places we got it out it was a pretty deep ditch on the side of a highway not the easies place to get to. Anyway i though it was amazing that the owner and head mechanic both took probably 45 min out of their day to come out and help me. Most people would have just been like o too bad. They alwase service my equipment quick and i have virtualy no down time there for this kind of treatment keeps me buying more and more equipment from them insted of the other dealer in town

When the gearbox on my first Hustler went out, of course I was about 35 miles from my dealer. It was a Friday around 1:00 pm and we were supposed to be at the campground with the travel trailer by 6:00 pm. This was a weekend trip for the family. But I had to get my Hustler in so I might be able to get it back the first of next week. It was my only mower.

After talking with my dealer, they said to make things the quickest, they'd meet me at a Wal-Mart about half way between my house and their dealership. When I got to the Wal-Mart, we rolled my Hustler onto their trailer and I drove a new Toro demo model onto mine. We shook hands and went our separate ways. Monday, I was out cutting grass on that Toro and kept it until the Hustler was ready.

They are a huge dealer in the Raleigh area but treated me like a big time customer when I was really just a solo LCO trying to do well. Since then, I've bought two more Hustlers and around $3000 in handheld equipment from them. I've also had people I've referred to them buy several machines; including one homeowner who bought two Walkers at one time.

I wonder how many dealers would be interested in this thread?:)

pclawncare
03-31-2007, 11:40 PM
lawnspecialties that sounds like you got a great dealer you have there i had the oportunity to buy my new walker out of a much bigger city about 60 mi away for about 700 dollars less for the same model, but after i looked at it i dont mind paying a little extra and keeping the money and revenue into the city and also the exceptional service that they give me. The way i look at it say i bring in 500-600 a day if my mower is broke down one extra day because i wasnt at the front of the list this could potentialy several hundred dollars in extra labor cost to cover another helper to catch up over the life of the machine i feel that this was a pretty good investment.

MANOFSTIHL
04-01-2007, 04:33 AM
lawnspecialties that sounds like you got a great dealer you have there i had the oportunity to buy my new walker out of a much bigger city about 60 mi away for about 700 dollars less for the same model, but after i looked at it i dont mind paying a little extra and keeping the money and revenue into the city and also the exceptional service that they give me. The way i look at it say i bring in 500-600 a day if my mower is broke down one extra day because i wasnt at the front of the list this could potentialy several hundred dollars in extra labor cost to cover another helper to catch up over the life of the machine i feel that this was a pretty good investment.

Could not have been said better. From a dealer's point of view we can either make you a good price OR give you good service. There is not a lot of profit margin in most of the whole goods dealers carry these days. When someone comes in our store and beats me up on price I know they are often being short sighted...

supercuts
04-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I would like to say that my local deal here is absolutely amazing. Anyone near or around nw oklahoma shoud pm me and ill give you the dealers name. town

why not just list the dealers name, do a search, i had a post about a great dealer in ct post and said dealers names, that was the whole post, good and bad dealers in CT.

i also had the opportunity to by a my new mower much cheaper, about $2000 cheaper including shipping on ebay from a huge dealer in the Carolinas. i told my dealer i was paying the extra $2k because of how good he was to me and just to please remember that if it breaks. when it does he stops what hes doing and works on mine. pay the extra for the extra.

tallimeca
04-01-2007, 08:31 AM
but , you still have the guys who have a case of the ass about dealers.

Those are the guys that loose money left and right because no one is in a hurray to service their equipment when it breaks. Loyalty counts. Trust me.

I had a similar situation with a customer. Had a Bunton BZT break down at the bottom of a mountain along the side of a wall that dropped 10 feet to a pond!!!!

He called me and said the engine siezed and they can't get it up out of the yard. I was like where are you? As soon as he said I went OH MAN!!!! Not even in an area to get a tow truck with a wench!!!

I drove down there with the delivery truck and found them. They said they had tools.

What happened was the bearings on the electric clutch seized, so the engine wouldn't turn. Luckily, we took the side of the machine apart and were able to get the clutch off with no puller. I wound almost a half pound of trimmer line around the shaft and tied it off to keep the drive belt pulley from moving and put the retaining washers and bolt back on.

I said ok guys, get ready to call 911 cause if this thing gives out, i'll be rolling down the hill and off the wall into the the pond!!! (of course I knew it was gonna work because i'm not that dedicated to kill myself!!!)

Drove it up the hill, folded up the deck and loaded it on the gate and brought it in for surgery.

They were like holy crap, that was some McGyver stuff right there!!!

The next season he preceeded to go by 2 exmark lazers from a dealer in the next state to save sales tax.

Came in a month later with a rock jammed in the ultra vac blower and needed it asap.

SORRY!! Parts are on back order. See if the guy you bought it from can get it any quicker????

I should have left it down in the ditch.

webfoot
04-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I hear on here all the time when somebody is looking at a new mower go with the best dealer.It couldn't be more true no matter what the brand is.I bought a country clipper and it is a great mower.The only problem I have ever had was with a saftey switch on Friday.I took it to the dealer and he tightened two screws and put two new spark plugs in it and had me out of there in 10 minutes.Wouldn't let me pay him a penny for it either.Saved my whole day.