PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z HP

KS_Grasscutter
03-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Ok, yes, I AM asking about a non-Dixon mower :( :cry: . Anyway... I kinda am thinking that I want a 46" or 50" Lazer Z HP. Anyone have one of the 46 or 50s? How do you like them? Any problems with them? Also, can you put the 2 bag catcher on it? There site says just three, and that would make the catcher easily as wide, if not wider then the mower, and I dont see that as being good. My dealer is having their open house tomorrow, and I am gonna try and set up a demo to see how I like it.

chipk1
03-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Buy an Exmark and you will never go back! Not sure about the catcher though. Don't use them here in central florida.

Mowman16
03-30-2007, 08:32 PM
eXmark is VERY high quality, you will love it. I have the 52'' tri-vantige deck, but the 50'' or 48'' Triton is a better deck. You will notice a HUGE difference in the deck from a Dixon, I tried one, and it has very little vacuum in the deck. Between the deep-dish deck and an Ultra-vac bagger on a Laze Z you will LOVE it.

statman
03-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I have a 52" lazer HP and it is a good mower. Very comfortable, pretty good cut, good easy bagging system. It is head and shoulders above my Scag SSZ. I have heard lots of good things about the Hustler. I'd give them a look too.

Lynden-Jeff
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Don't forget about bobcat!

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I have a 52" HP with the ultra vac system and it is the 2 bagger .. not sure about the new models though.. before only the 60"+ had the 3 bagger system.

lifetree
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Ok, yes, I AM asking about a non-Dixon mower :( :cry: .

Oh no, I thought you were a Dixon man through and through !!

KS_Grasscutter
03-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh no, I thought you were a Dixon man through and through !!

Well, yea, just looking at possible other options. Pretty sure I will be sticking with Dixon though. I am kinda wanting to sell mine, then buy a 5023 from a friend, and also buy a Cub Cadet 33 inch walkbehind for backyards. That would be the best thing for me to do at this point, I think...

Main reason I am even doing anything is I need more variation in height settings.

kootoomootoo
03-30-2007, 10:08 PM
IMHO based on actual experience Exmark is hands down the best mower I have used.
Ferris makes a good mower too.
Scag was junk....so was the John Deere.

Havent used a walker, hustler so won't comment.

chipk1
03-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, yea, just looking at possible other options. Pretty sure I will be sticking with Dixon though. I am kinda wanting to sell mine, then buy a 5023 from a friend, and also buy a Cub Cadet 33 inch walkbehind for backyards. That would be the best thing for me to do at this point, I think...

Main reason I am even doing anything is I need more variation in height settings.

Exmark has more adjustment up or down than you will ever need.

KS_Grasscutter
03-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Exmark has more adjustment up or down than you will ever need.

Right. EVERYTHING I am sure has more then my homeowner Dixon. But I am not so sure I want to get even farther in debt for a Exmark, just being part time. At this point, it looks like I may just get a different model Dixon, and when I get out of school get an Exmark or Walker or something.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
03-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Scag was junk....
Why do yo say scag is junk,based on what.

kootoomootoo
03-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Scag was junk....
Why do yo say scag is junk,based on what.

I owned a 61in turf tiger.....fell for the hoopla ...JUNK. I am lookign at buying a new mower and came across a 61in efi turf tiger with collection system. 200 hours. Cant pull the trigger on it for 9500. Exmark in a heartbeat.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-30-2007, 10:53 PM
I have a lazer hp with the dfs bagger and it is not any wider than the mower. Mine is a 48" and is the perfect size for residentual yards. There is nothing like the exmark ultra vac. If you ever use one of these nothing else will ever do!

ProStreetCamaro
03-30-2007, 11:04 PM
We have an older Lazer HP with the tri vantage deck. I think its a 1999 model. We bought it new and it has over 2,400 hours now and still runs and cuts like a champ. I would be leary about the new Triton deck after all the issues they had with them. They cut great down south but they were horrible in the northern cool season grass but I dont know if they fixed that or not. If they did fix that problem then I would say the Lazer would make you very happy. There are a bunch of mowers out right now that cut great and just plain last a long time.

lifetree
03-31-2007, 09:26 PM

Are you going to sell your Speed ZTR 44" ? How many height settings does that have on it ? How much would you be asking for it ? I would recommend the RAM MAG 50" ... it's an awesome machine, it really is.