PDA

View Full Version : Truck & Trailer Graphics/advertising

Ramairfreak98ss
03-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Well ive changed it around several times, looks etc. Its still not finished but i wanted to test out how it would look. Any digital prints seem very expensive compared to vinyl so any color blended stuff may just end up two or three color vinyl to match the truck.

Heres a few i did so far, il waiting for official local quotes from my print shop for the spring season!

Back of the truck wont have the "boxes" around the text. I hope they can match the "tan/gold" color to the two tone tan on the truck, if not id take metallic or reflective gold/tan too :dancing:

http://inlinethumb40.webshots.com/3175/2753376070036233031S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2753376070036233031bHnfdt)
http://inlinethumb24.webshots.com/1431/2558009650036233031S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2558009650036233031Geyklk)
http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/4486/2982596290036233031S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2982596290036233031oghPfB)
http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/3565/2991551320036233031S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2991551320036233031UXYkgG)
http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/4690/2401862120036233031S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2401862120036233031wiuNxe)

briancom
04-09-2007, 02:22 AM
I would consider listing services on rear door, truck graphics could be a little more brighter or bold they seem to blend into the truck too well (they do look good),

RedWingsDet
04-09-2007, 04:23 AM
If i were you I would seek a professional designer. Go to www.AMW-Graphics.com and email them, tell them Mark sent you. They can name an AWESOME design for you

TGM
04-09-2007, 12:00 PM
the gvw shouldn't be 10,000 lbs or all you could legally carry is about 2-3 thousands pounds worth of trailer. you should register the truck for probably 20k...doesn't mean you'll need a cdl or dot numbers.

ah, DOT regulations:dizzy:

btw, i think the lettering looks classy on the truck and pretty good on the side of the trailer. I find the flip-flop color on the letters on the back of the trailer to be hard to read, though I don't know if they would be in real life.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
the gvw shouldn't be 10,000 lbs or all you could legally carry is about 2-3 thousands pounds worth of trailer. you should register the truck for probably 20k...doesn't mean you'll need a cdl or dot numbers.

ah, DOT regulations:dizzy:

btw, i think the lettering looks classy on the truck and pretty good on the side of the trailer. I find the flip-flop color on the letters on the back of the trailer to be hard to read, though I don't know if they would be in real life.

Yeah not sure what i should put for the weight. I think my f350 is only "registered" commercially at 9900? I mean the truck is close to 8k empty, if i put 4k of weight in it AND am pulling my enclosed trailer full of equipment thats another 8-9k, trailer is a 12k trailer. so holds roughly 8k in equipment. The truck should show 20k+?

Id like the truck stuff to be a tan or gold metallic so its more apparent say in bright sunlight... the trailer stuff, it looks a little off after i rendered the images onto the trailer, but i may do away with the whole multicolor blended design just because of very expensive costs. thanks

TGM
04-09-2007, 12:27 PM
yes, the truck's registered gvw needs to show how much total weight the truck and trailer will be carrying. so as long as it's under 26,000lbs you'll be ok. 12k is a pretty stout trailer :eek: , i'm only pushing the 7k with my 18foot enclosed.

now, i'm unsure about the trailer being factory rated for over 10k in your state if you're required to have a cdl.

so technically, you could get an "over registered weight" ticket for just towing the trailer around town if the truck and empty trailer weigh 10,300lbs when the truck is registered at 9900lbs.

:dizzy: :dizzy:

lrlawn
04-10-2007, 12:20 AM
The proposed graphics look fancy but in my experience you'd do better having green and black designs and lettering. I find green mixed with black lettering has a better customer response. For example, the trailer we just purchased has a green border (looks like grass) about 6" tall (height varies like grass) on the bottom of the back and both sides, black lettering and a green/black tree with a green divider (horizontal) midway on the trailer. Great comments, customers identify with and associate it with lawncare.

Also, even though it looks nice I wouldn't put a mower picture on the trailer. First, what if you end up changing mower brands in the future? Second, people draw infrences from the picture, in your case that you use only a big brute of a machine that side discharges (most won't think mulch) and some people don't want that on their lawn so they will never call, even though you may also have walk behinds, etc. Third, it cuts into the space in which to say what you do, you can make your services list bigger, and easier to read by spreading it out a bit, if you don't have the mower on the trailer.

Concentrate more on your logo/design. What do you want them to identify with and recognize? Your business? or the mower you (and a hundred other companies) drive?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-10-2007, 02:09 AM
so technically, you could get an "over registered weight" ticket for just towing the trailer around town if the truck and empty trailer weigh 10,300lbs when the truck is registered at 9900lbs.

:dizzy: :dizzy:

I gotcha, well actually this Carmate Brand sells this trailer to NJ dealers with a gvw of 9999 or 9990 on its sticker.. but in other states its sold at 12,000. It has 235/75/16 tires in it, theyre much larger than your average 205 or 215 width race trailer tires in 15s. When i was looking at trailers, look underneath, some seemed very cheezy, this thing looked like a tank compared to some other brands... I know it wont hit 20k so thats good, ill have to check though.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-10-2007, 02:18 AM
thanks lrlawn, its good advice.. im not sure if ill really like changing it to green and black but im sure your right in the end. I may remove the picture anyhow just because of the cost of a digital print. I think ill end up with a 2-3 color text in the end. I have a company that can possibly create a "logo" out of my name that will help out with the company identification and all :)

McKeeLand
04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I see you bought your truck from cartec. how was your experience with those guys? just curious, i looked at a couple trucks there.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I see you bought your truck from cartec. how was your experience with those guys? just curious, i looked at a couple trucks there.

It was pretty good. I was gonna buy a trailer from them originally but, they only started with like 20k tag trailers for racing.. I saw the truck there months before i bought it but liked it more each time i stopped in. I dealt with Jimmy, younger guy/early 20s i guess. They dont seem to wheel and deal much but i got a good deal in the end anyway. Im a little aggravated over my vehicle commercial weight registration, only 9000lbs for a truck empty close to 8k. I have to go to dmv to up it to like 20k so i can actually pull my 24' trailer now :/ Theyre a descent place though, id say theyre prices are definitly on the high end but most cars/trucks are mint condition.

My 06 had 4k on it, still had plastic on stuff, was spotless inside and out. I didntl like that i didnt get to really test drive the truck on the street, parking lot only, I already knew i wanted that kind of truck though.

McKeeLand
04-10-2007, 11:27 PM
thats good to hear, i was interested in buying a truck there, dealt with Jimmy too. they couldn't get the financing done to my liking and jimmy just didn't get back to me any more. no problem though, he did me a favor because i ended going brand new and getting 1.9% though the business. also one of the trucks i looked at came back on carfax as a active stolen vehicle. kinda got a bad vibe. a lot of nice trucks though.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-11-2007, 03:23 PM
thats good to hear, i was interested in buying a truck there, dealt with Jimmy too. they couldn't get the financing done to my liking and jimmy just didn't get back to me any more. no problem though, he did me a favor because i ended going brand new and getting 1.9% though the business. also one of the trucks i looked at came back on carfax as a active stolen vehicle. kinda got a bad vibe. a lot of nice trucks though.

damn, thats funny. Well yeah my financing wasnt great, but it was close to what a bank locally would have gotten me, far off of Fords 0% i wanted to get. That was my NJM insurances fault though for close to a month and a half holdup on getting me a commercial policy quote... they wouldnt even quote it until i had my other truck converted over to commercial, which then they denied me a comm policy anyway because my record isnt clean enough... tint, liscense place type tickets and one speeding in NC from 2 yrs ago:dizzy:

McKeeLand
04-11-2007, 04:49 PM
good luck with everything this season. you got a beautiful truck, nice to see I'm not the only crazy one with leather seats in his work truck.lol

Ramairfreak98ss
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
good luck with everything this season. you got a beautiful truck, nice to see I'm not the only crazy one with leather seats in his work truck.lol

lol, a buddy of mine from Ohio has a 04.5 Dodge diesel, he saw my truck at Atco a few months ago, drove it around the parking lot and is like "damn dude your gonna work outta this?" :dancing: Hes like i thought mine had a lot of buttons. I plan quickly to get some sort of nice seat covers, light color so theyre not hot in the summer, at least so when im dirty and all. I got these nice clear very deep weather mats, since you know how dirty tan floor mats would get? :) I think theres pictures of them too in the 06 f350 album.

4 things i really want, yesterday.

1. Edge A2 with Platinum Juice kit
2. some 304ss single 4" from turbo back exhaust, not too loud, and keeping cat
3. ford oe 20" rims instead of my 18s
4. 5" tubular chrome pack step rails, not the normal 4" ones like mine has.

McKeeLand
04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
i want to get the neoprene covers for my truck as soon as some extra cash is laying around and better floor mats. the neoprene are the nicest cover you can get and they last forever, plus they are water proof. l would love to get the 20" ford rims too, but i am married know and just bought a house, i think my days of buying toys for my toys are over for a awhile, lol. not sure if i will do any mods for performance, i want to, maybe the exhaust and intake noting major.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-12-2007, 11:58 AM
mckee, yeah i hear ya, im not married, but man, convincing my girlfriend on spending another $1500-2k for an extra 2inches:cool2: , she just doesnt understand.

I want the same seat covers, of course theyre a ton more than most other "cheap" ones.

oh and if you see the pictures in my link of the floormats, theyre very clear rubber/vinyl of some sort, they have a bright blue almost optical color when you look at them in bright light. I want to say they were pretty cheap, saw them at an Advance auto parts, they come seperate so you need two, but i think normal price is $20 each. Theyll hold like water from in and out of the truck all day in the snow or mud from a jobsite for a week:weightlifter:

ALarsh
04-12-2007, 12:55 PM
You have to convince your girlfriend what you can spend your money on? Bummer dude....

McKeeLand
04-12-2007, 01:04 PM
here are the floor mats i want to go with, little pricey but they look factory.
http://www.premiermotoring.net/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?catid=748