PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Trailer

BMFL79
03-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Just curious, has anyone owned or used a Belmont Machines dumping trailer?

I shopped around and looked at E-Z Dumper, among others. I wanted to get a low profile 10K GVW dumping trailer. I mostly settled on the ez dumper 6812LP. When I called dealers around the state I found a guy that sold these as well as Belmont. He had on his lot a Belmont 6812LP that was very comparable. I looked at both. They both had 2-way tailgates, same GVW, same size, 12 guage sides, 10 guage deck, double piston power up and down. They both came with ramps. The main difference was that the ez had regular spring suspension while the belmont has torflex suspension. I have posted links for both trailers.

I just wanted to see if anyone had anything good/bad to say about belmont vs. ez dumper. I know that ezdumpers are pretty popular around columbus. Rock's Trailer in Grove City sells them, and they are about the biggest dealer around here, that I have found.

Let me know what you think, please.

http://www.ez-dumper.com/prodFeatures.asp?id=12&sID=11&cID=2

http://www.belmontmachine.com/trailer_dump.htm

BMFL79
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Reply to self...

Got the belmont. It's a pretty nice trailer. That torflex suspension seems to ride pretty well. I had to ride over some rough roads on the way back home and it took them pretty softly. I used it yesterday and today. I had about 2 tons of sod in it and it rode just as soft as can be. It lifted strong, didn't seem to struggle at all.

mrusk
04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I have a 6 ton 18' belmont skid steer trailer. I paid 5k for it. The trailer is buff compared to the brimar or other skid steer trailers out there. So far i am happy with my purchase. The trailer rides great and looks brand new after 1 year of use.

Matt

BMFL79
04-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Does it have the torflex suspension? I used it again today with a pretty big load of mulch. I think the ride is great.

Is your skid steer trailer a tilt? I saw some where only a portion of the bed tilts. There is a section on the front that stays put.