PDA

View Full Version : Which of 2 to buy?

Mad_Russian776
03-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm considering purchasing an enclosed trailer. I'm trying to decide between two.

Trailer #1 - Brand new. 6'x12' enclosed, ramp gate, side door. Ply wood walls and floor.
Price $3000

Trailer #2 - originally purchased in 1998, street stroller. In moderate condition w/ rust. 7'x12'. Floor and ramp gate is plated w/ diamond steel (not sure of correct term).
Price $2500

Essentially, trailer #1 is new but not heavy duty like trailer #2. However, trailer #2 is used and shows signs of such. With your experience, is the heavy duty flooring a significant factor in my decision?...toughts..commments?

jsf343
03-31-2007, 07:16 PM
That is a bit of a dilima, I think in the end it would be better to get a new trailer because then you know what kind of miles and abuse it has taken. I would also pay more for the upgraded floor if you are going to have a bunch of weight on it. A year or two down the road I don't think you will regret the decision. By the way why are you mad?

good luck with your new purchase.

Jeff

Brett's Cutting Edge
04-02-2007, 11:41 AM
trailer 1 is to narrow

mini14
04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
u gonna be pluuing a lot of unneeded weight with that diamond plate. but if u go small u have no xtra room, going bigger and haven left over room is ALLWAYS best