PDA

View Full Version : I need a plant material sample booklet...

Ric3077
03-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I am looking to make a book of 25-30 common shrubs and trees in Missouri that I could let my customers look through and find what they like...I was wondering if anyone else does this and if you have a sample file you could email me,thanks!

Dstosh
03-30-2007, 11:48 PM
There is a good program out called horticopia. It's not cheep but It could help you with what you are looking for.

Ric3077
03-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Yea I pretty much need that but instead of 34,000 plants I just need like 30...$325 for the SE package isn't too bad but it is just more than I need...thanks for that link though I never knew of them.

ooo
03-31-2007, 07:44 AM
To make your own, Goto:

http://www.hort.uconn.edu/Plants/index.html

and start copying and pasting into Word. A bit time consuming, but is your best bet.

Ric3077
03-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

PatriotLandscape
03-31-2007, 11:50 PM
I use Dirr's woody trees and ornamentals it has great color photos and descriptions

Dreams To Designs
04-01-2007, 07:38 AM
You could get someone with Horticopia to create a customized portfolio for you to show your clients. If you know which plants you want on your list, it would only take some time, ink & paper to create a customized book to share. Once you get one booklet made, you could then take it to an office supply store and have a couple of color copies made. If you use a clear report cover with the bar that holds it all together, the title page should be a nice photo of your work and company name and phone number. The size of the booklet would be determined by the number of plants you would like in it.

Kirk

LB1234
04-01-2007, 08:35 AM
You could get someone with Horticopia to create a customized portfolio for you to show your clients. If you know which plants you want on your list, it would only take some time, ink & paper to create a customized book to share. Once you get one booklet made, you could then take it to an office supply store and have a couple of color copies made. If you use a clear report cover with the bar that holds it all together, the title page should be a nice photo of your work and company name and phone number. The size of the booklet would be determined by the number of plants you would like in it.

Kirk

Sorry for jacking the thread:dancing: but.....

Kirk, I just purchased landscape pro v13 and I was curious how much horticopia will run me?

Dreams To Designs
04-01-2007, 12:02 PM
$595 for the professional XE package, and they are soon to go online with the updates and upgrades. They also have available photo portfolio add-ons that have photos of many more plants, but not additional data. Most of these are varieties of already listed plants with data. I use Horticopia practically everyday, and Pro Landscape weekly. The plant database in Pro Landscape is like a sample version of Horticopia. If you are in the business of selling, installing, growing or maintaining plants, Horticopia will be a huge help.

Kirk

LB1234
04-01-2007, 05:01 PM
$595 for the professional XE package, and they are soon to go online with the updates and upgrades. They also have available photo portfolio add-ons that have photos of many more plants, but not additional data. Most of these are varieties of already listed plants with data. I use Horticopia practically everyday, and Pro Landscape weekly. The plant database in Pro Landscape is like a sample version of Horticopia. If you are in the business of selling, installing, growing or maintaining plants, Horticopia will be a huge help.

Kirk

thx:waving:

paolaken
04-01-2007, 07:23 PM
i have a great book i get from my nursery. Kansas landscape plants and trees and one for perennials. pretty much only shrubs and trees sold around here. i've had alot of customers ask me to pick them up a copy. it's a magazine type book, $2.95 i think. very helpful when dealing with home owners.

jrlandscaping781
04-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Go to the Home Depot website....they have an excellent plant database that I used to make up a book just like you were talking about.