PDA

View Full Version : what a Day

ferdinand711
03-31-2007, 01:12 AM
I was on a subdivision today when a lady ask me if i can give her a better price than what she's paying for her weekly lawn mowing, this is the conversation:
me:how much are you paying right now and what company?
lady:$25.00 and i don't know because they don't have anything written on their truck.
(so i take a look around and theres just no way i can charge lower than $35.00 for the place.)
me: i'm sorry but i can't even do it lesser than $35
lady:you're seems to be pricy, what makes you different from them?
me:$35 is just about the fair price for your lawn and what makes me different? I have a company that is Licensed,Bonded and Insured.(and by the way she doesn't even know their contact nos.)
lady: well said young man, make me a contract and I will sign and send it back to you.

aaaaaaahhhhhhh and they live happily ever after.
there is nothing better than being on the legal side of our industry. just thought of sharing my story .

chipk1
03-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Cool, but why are you bonded. When I got insurance and asked about being bonded, the agent told me that unless I was going inside peoples homes, I didn't need to be bonded. Was I misinformed?

ferdinand711
03-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Cool, but why are you bonded. When I got insurance and asked about being bonded, the agent told me that unless I was going inside peoples homes, I didn't need to be bonded. Was I misinformed?

75% of my work is landscape design and installation and when I ask the Municipal planning and development office the requirements for what I was planning to do then, posting a County Bond is one of their requirements.

chipk1
03-31-2007, 01:48 AM
A contractor, that explains it. Thanks.

Premo Services
03-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Good deal
Always try to UPSELL YOUR COMPANY!!!!!
Tell them what makes you better, quality service, licensed and insured, etc, etc

fiveoboy01
03-31-2007, 03:13 PM
It's sad that there are some people out there who could care less if you're insured, pay taxes, have a license/seller's permit, etc. They just want the lowest price, period.

Thankfully not everyone is like that, or I would be broke:)

Liquidfast
03-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I usually tell them that if they dont pay me for the better service, I will show up in peak season with round up. It doesnt always work but it does keep em looking over their shoulder now and again.

nice story! :canadaflag: