PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

OhioSealer
03-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Hello, Im new to this and have a question or two.

Question #1
do you think $0.10 is to cheap just starting out using brooms.

Question#2
can you charge for crack sealing, or is that included into your $0.10 price
i was thinking $0.03 per ln. ft.

so the bid price would be $0.13 per sq. ft.

EWS
03-31-2007, 11:53 AM
10 cents a sf is cheap for residential... you base your prices on how worn the pavement is and if you need 1or2 coats. I usually get 12 cents a sq ft for residential 1 coat and 17 for 2 coats. if its a larger driveway you can maybe do 10 c a sf one coat. and always have a minimum price mine is 100.00 I wont get out of my truck for less. as for crack filling 3 c a linear ft. are you on crack. lol jk. thats way to cheap how you gonna make money on that. plus it would sound really weird sir you owe me 125. 66. I charge 1.00 a ft residential and you can usually make a extra 15-25 a job. Are you gonna use cold crack repair or hot crack repair. at 3 cents you would be in the hole a bit with cold crack repair and you would lose your shirt with hot crack repair, between your expenses for propane the melter and material. also my prices all include labor to clean and prep. if the driveway is extra dirty I charge a extra 1c a sq ft for every hr of labor it would take to clean. average driveway should take under 15 minutes to prep with the right edger and blower

EWS
03-31-2007, 11:56 AM
the bid price would not be 13 cents a sgq ft. linear ft and sq ft is totally differant

OhioSealer
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
thanks guys you have really been helpful

toddsasphalt
04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
10 cents is a little low but if the residential driveway has been sealed before and you are just starting out it is a good starting point. I always like to give a customer in a new neighborhood a break just to be able to leave a sign or pass out a couple of fliers. In the residential sealing business I call it the monkey see monkey do system. Once one neighbor gets his driveway sealed the whole neighborhood wants their driveway looking good. I charge by the gallon for crack filler. I always provide crack filller as an optional service. Do not underestimate crack filling. Eventhough it does not always take a lot of material it will take the most amount of labor and time.