PDA

View Full Version : Single Axle tilt trailer?

tnpete
03-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Looking at at 6x12 Single axle tilt trailer to haul a Ferris z2000IS on.
That will be all that will be hauled on it.
Anyone else use one? Looking for something that is easy and fast to get in some tight spots with.
Pete

FearThisDeere
03-31-2007, 09:42 PM
I used to have a 5x10' tilt trailer. It was an old snowmobile trailer that I converted. It did the trick. Really easy for one a person job.

tnpete
04-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks I did a search before posting this. And did learn a lot.
And was hoping to lean any bad points with a single axle trailer.
And your post is a big help. As that will be when the trailer is used. When I am by my self, And only one mower.
Thanks again.
Pete

FearThisDeere
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Just make sure that when you drive up on the trailer keep forward momentum. My trialer was high off the ground so it was a little scary driving up onto it. The first time I tried loading I wimped out. Once you get the hang of it you're all set. You can also weld some bracing onto the bottom where it meets the ground to level it out a little, but then you might have a bump. Takes a lot less time and safe IMO than with ramps.

tnpete
04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Just make sure that when you drive up on the trailer keep forward momentum. My trialer was high off the ground so it was a little scary driving up onto it. The first time I tried loading I wimped out. Once you get the hang of it you're all set. You can also weld some bracing onto the bottom where it meets the ground to level it out a little, but then you might have a bump. Takes a lot less time and safe IMO than with ramps.

Thanks I am used to loading my smaller mower on a 5x10 I have. but moved up to the Ferris Z2000 and now have to get a bigger trailer. Hate to use the 16ft when I only need the IZ2000Z and a trimmer.
Pete