PDA

View Full Version : How to set the air gap?

ProStreetCamaro
03-31-2007, 11:51 AM
I have never done this before and was wondering how you set the air gap on an electric blade clutch? It is the clutch on our Cub Tank M48. When the machine is cool the blades engage with no rpoblem but after its been on a while if I turn the blades off they will not engage again unless I let it cool down a couple minutes.

lawnmaniac883
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Take a feeler gauge, I forget the correct spec for the gap but .010 should work o.k

Pretty much you will see 3 cutouts in the clutch mounting plate under the unit with an adjusting bolt above each, slide your feeler gauge into the cutout, into the airgap, you will know when you have the gauge in the gap btw. Tighten the bolt until the feeler slides freely but is tight. Go around and adjust the other 2 then come back and repeat this process about 2 or 3 times to make sure it is adjusted evenly.

MowerMedic77
03-31-2007, 12:35 PM
follow Rob's instuctions in this post for setting the air gap
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=172413&highlight=adjust+clutch

ProStreetCamaro
03-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks alot guys I appreciate the help!

ProStreetCamaro
03-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Alrighty I just set the air gap. It was a bit tricky to get all 3 side just right but I finally got it. All 3 sides were way to loose so I hope that fixes the problem. I will find out monday!