PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchased a Kubota ZD321 yet?

JTF40
03-31-2007, 01:13 PM
I was thinking of trading my ZD21 in for the new ZD321. After talking to three local dealers, I was advised to NOT purchase a 21 h.p. model - not enough horsepower for the deeper decks and much larger transmissions. Matter of fact, these dealers were advised NOT to sell their remaining stock (per Kubota) on these units until a resolve was determined. So, with that being said, any input from ORANGE blooded Lawnsite members?

The ZD326 is $1000.00 more than the ZD321, so I need to save-up I guess.

HenryB
03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
How much are the 321's and 326's? They look like great machines.

JTF40
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
How much are the 321's and 326's? They look like great machines.

The 321 - $9,500.00
The 326 - $10,500.00

razor1
03-31-2007, 02:40 PM
The new Kubota ZTR's look like they have many much needed improvements.

I've had many good Kubota tractors, until I bought my new ZD 21 a few years back. Nothing but trouble.

Some problems I had;

Needed a whole new trans. (replaced under warranty)

Mower deck caster wheels snapped off within 90 days. (no warranty)

Mower speed up kit installed (no warranty)

Kubota remedied these problems after the fact. A little more R & D would have been nice.

I can wait until they get any first year bugs taken care of before I buy another one.

Sorry about the rant, I felt compelled to say something.

By the way, I'm now on a first name basis with the Mid Atlantic Kubota rep if you ever need it...

Good Luck

LwnmwrMan22
03-31-2007, 02:44 PM
I was thinking of trading my ZD21 in for the new ZD321. After talking to three local dealers, I was advised to NOT purchase a 21 h.p. model - not enough horsepower for the deeper decks and much larger transmissions. Matter of fact, these dealers were advised NOT to sell their remaining stock (per Kubota) on these units until a resolve was determined. So, with that being said, any input from ORANGE blooded Lawnsite members?

The ZD326 is $1000.00 more than the ZD321, so I need to save-up I guess.

If what you're saying is true, I'd pressure your salesman along these lines....

Tell him you need a mower, that you'd REALLY like to have a Kubota, but if they don't have one in a 21 hp, you don't NEED the extra 5 hp, so what's he going to do for you??

Tell you what, I'm on my way to my Kubota dealer right now. I'll ask if there's such a 'memo' and get back to you.

Almost sounds to me like maybe your dearler has too many 26's in stock and needs to move some???

Daner
03-31-2007, 05:01 PM
whooooo...Not what I expected to hear

MSS Mow
03-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Not sure about the new ones, but the old ZD21's were severely under powered. Best thing to do is demo one for a day and see what you think compared to your current 21. I just bought the 331 last week and that machine is a beast.

I would press your dealer on more details on the details of why they were told by Kubota not to sell the 21's! I think that LwnMwrMan22 is correct: the dealer just wants to sell you the bigger machine. Personally, I'd buy the bigger one just based on past experience with the old one.

JTF40
03-31-2007, 07:34 PM
If what you're saying is true, I'd pressure your salesman along these lines....

Tell him you need a mower, that you'd REALLY like to have a Kubota, but if they don't have one in a 21 hp, you don't NEED the extra 5 hp, so what's he going to do for you??

Tell you what, I'm on my way to my Kubota dealer right now. I'll ask if there's such a 'memo' and get back to you.

Almost sounds to me like maybe your dealer has too many 26's in stock and needs to move some???

Read the original post again. TWO dealers said the same thing on two different days. Kubota knows that they have a "problem" and they will probably do one of two different options - they will either increase the power on the 21 OR they will not sell ANY 21's until they find a remedy for their power to deck ratio. The man @ Dickson Farm Equipment currently is on the "dealer advisory board". He feels that they will "discontinue the 21 hp model temporarily" or maybe later - all together. Needless to say, if I decide to buy a ZD, it WILL be a 26 hp engine.

LwnmwrMan22
03-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Read the original post again. TWO dealers said the same thing on two different days. Kubota knows that they have a "problem" and they will probably do one of two different options - they will either increase the power on the 21 OR they will not sell ANY 21's until they find a remedy for their power to deck ratio. The man @ Dickson Farm Equipment currently is on the "dealer advisory board". He feels that they will "discontinue the 21 hp model temporarily" or maybe later - all together. Needless to say, if I decide to buy a ZD, it WILL be a 26 hp engine.

You're right...

Talked to my dealer today and he said the same thing. Just sounds odd that a company would put a product out like that.

Makes me a little leary about my 331 that I haven't picked up yet. Do they have all the smaller issues worked out yet?? After all, they made a whole mower that didn't work?????

I even bleed orange. I bleed so much orange, I bought an Echo 755 backpack blower because it was orange.....

Jeds_Lawn_Care
03-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Tractorbynet.com is a good source of ZD info. I have heard that the 321's and the 60" decks don't get along well. Go 326 if you need a 60".

JTF40
03-31-2007, 11:36 PM
You're right...

Talked to my dealer today and he said the same thing. Just sounds odd that a company would put a product out like that.

Makes me a little leary about my 331 that I haven't picked up yet. Do they have all the smaller issues worked out yet?? After all, they made a whole mower that didn't work?????

I even bleed orange. I bleed so much orange, I bought an Echo 755 backpack blower because it was orange.....

There are NO problems with the 326's and the 331's. Heck, the 331 has so much torque/hp - the blades are VERY close to helicopter propellers just waiting to lift you and the machine off the ground. :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:

BTW, if I had to have orange 2-strokes, I would buy Tanaka. :usflag:

LwnmwrMan22
04-01-2007, 12:18 AM
There are NO problems with the 326's and the 331's. Heck, the 331 has so much torque/hp - the blades are VERY close to helicopter propellers just waiting to lift you and the machine off the ground. :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:

BTW, if I had to have orange 2-strokes, I would buy Tanaka. :usflag:

Hard to buy Tanaka, when there's no dealer around..... :D

JTF40
04-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Hard to buy Tanaka, when there's no dealer around..... :D

Understood !! :usflag:

mag360
04-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I wonder if you can tweak the injection pump on a 21 and squeeze out some extra hp.

JTF40
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I wonder if you can tweak the injection pump on a 21 and squeeze out some extra hp.

Interesting question - possible?

rgjlawn
04-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Have had 3 new 321's for three months, dealer called said kubota's replacing them with 326 at no charge. This 326 is on the same frame as 321. We paid 250.00 diff. each and got the 326 with bigger frame and run flat tires.:cool2: