PDA

View Full Version : Hustler lied to me.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
03-31-2007, 08:59 PM
I just measured my blades on my 42" mini z.

They are 20 and 1/2".......

Unless my math is wrong, 20.5 x 2 = 41.

It is the principal of the whole thing that gets me.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Pj showed me in the specs sheet where it clearly states that the mower has 40.25" of cutting capacity.

I stand corrected.

But it is a little deceptive. For crying out loud call it a 40" cut, I would have still bought the thing.

lifetree
03-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Pj showed me in the specs sheet where it clearly states that the mower has 40.25" of cutting capacity.

I stand corrected.

But it is a little deceptive. For crying out loud call it a 40" cut, I would have still bought the thing.

That's is the sad state of affairs with all of the turf equipment manufacturers these days ... the cutting width on the deck indicates the industry standard cutting width so they can claim that they are competitive, however, the cutting widths are usually a little less than that because of the slight overlap that each blade has with the others under the deck.

Jason Rose
03-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I believe that's less deceptive than others that call their mowers a 36" (for example) when the overall width is like 39". Makes for a bad purchace when you buy that "36 inch" mower to go through 3 foot gates, and you find it won't fit any of them! Seems like Hustler is posting the overall width of the deck outside measurement instead of blade tip to blade tip.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
04-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I believe that's less deceptive than others that call their mowers a 36" (for example) when the overall width is like 39". Makes for a bad purchace when you buy that "36 inch" mower to go through 3 foot gates, and you find it won't fit any of them! Seems like Hustler is posting the overall width of the deck outside measurement instead of blade tip to blade tip.

When you put it in that light it, its actually not that bad of a deal.

mini14
04-27-2007, 08:34 PM
blades are measured on the diagonal, not end to end.

John Gamba
04-27-2007, 09:00 PM
I just measured my blades on my 42" mini z.

They are 20 and 1/2".......

Unless my math is wrong, 20.5 x 2 = 41.

It is the principal of the whole thing that gets me.

Hustler has never lied on lawnsite. you just didn't look hard enough