PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Quality (Ferris Owners)

newblade
04-01-2007, 04:23 AM
Does Ferris make a mower that has good quality cut and the ability to stand the test of time? Ferrris owners, what is your opinion? How many hours on your machine and how many things have you had to fix. Is the suspension really worth it?

DixieFerris
04-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Do a search, then settle in with a cup of coffee for a few hours

beano
04-01-2007, 07:56 AM
I have a 1500 IS and it has been an alright mower. Havent had any big problems that werent covered by warranty. Had a wheel motor go out that would have been 1200$ and an ignition switch but other than that its been good. The cut is excellent as long as the grass is dry and not to long. If it is even the slightest bit wet or pretty long or thick it seems to clump up no matter what blades you have on. A lot of guys like them but i think my next rider will probably be a Toro.

rodfather
04-01-2007, 08:25 AM
I've had around 20 of them over the last 14 years. i think out of all of them, we lost one wheel motor on a DD that was still under warranty. They are extremely reliable and tough machines. IMO, you cannot beat ride with the independent suspension.

As for the quality of cut, I have no problems with mine (currently I have 8 WB's and Z's) doing around 500 acres a week in turf. When you have that much, you can't get your panties rolled up in a wad every week worrying about the "quality" of the cut I can tell ya. And don't get me started on stripes either, customers couldn't give a sh*t one way or the other about them for the most part.

E.L.I.T.E.LawnCare
04-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Lookup all my post, and you can see some of the lawns I've cut with my Ferris mowers. I love these machines, one time my IS3000 broke down and the dealer let me use a John Deere ZTR(what a joke), it is nothing out there that can compare to the Ferris Independent Suspension and the cut is near perfect.

Drew Gemma
04-01-2007, 12:55 PM
1500z in 2 years 800 hours no problems that warrenty didn't fix or a factory upgrade. Next year we are going with the 3100 with the big block in it. We also bag with our ferris the best bagger in the business. We mow wet grass all the time at full speed and beg the clippings no problems here.