PDA

View Full Version : Toro DDC6 Conrtoller Problem

grassmanak
04-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I have a property that has a toro ddc6 controller that is acting up. It basically seems to be froze up, i tried resetting it, unplugging it, you know the basics. Has anyone has problems with these. THe unit is on, but will not let you change anything or swithc functions, almost like it is locked.

Duramaxsle1
04-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Get a better controller!

bicmudpuppy
04-01-2007, 11:23 PM
If it won't reset, it is toast. Have you asked the factory, or do you have the reset sequence? Did you remove any battery backup? If it has a lithium battery, you may need to leave the power off for an extended period. Bottom line would be your racking up more in labor than the controller is worth. Put in a good 6 station controller. In my market, a new controller installed wouldn't cost more than $150. Your going to get to that point real fast just chasing ghosts on this one.

grassmanak
04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
i figured i would call toro tomorrow, i think the unit is pretty new, basically it is on, display is on, but not able to change functions, i was curious if their was a child feature or something turned on, but not sure.

Mike Leary
04-02-2007, 07:45 PM
You mite have seen this post elsewhere.......Toro clocks are junk!

bicmudpuppy
04-02-2007, 11:30 PM
You mite have seen this post elsewhere.......Toro clocks are junk!

Actually, there are a few controllers with the toro logo on them I like. They all went into production right after toro bought irritrol/hardie..................

Hank Reardon
04-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Actually, there are a few controllers with the toro logo on them I like. They all went into production right after toro bought irritrol/hardie..................

Isn't that the Custom Command? If so, I'll take that for the 25-36 zone range. After that, it's Rain Master!