PDA

View Full Version : weedwacker...dies out

blueturtle241
04-01-2007, 04:04 PM
after i warm up the weedwacker, it will idle, but if i try to give it full throttle, it just bogs and shuts off...also last season i noticed that if i hold the weedwacker level it will run fine, but if i tilt the head down it stalls out. i have cleaned the carb out, checked the lines but cant figure it out....any suggestions welcome....thanks

KrayzKajun
04-01-2007, 05:21 PM
What is a WeedWacker???

topsites
04-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I have learned most of them can act right stupid the first few minutes, I usually stand by for a couple while it warms up, then once I get it going it's not that much more a hassle, most of the time.

Both my echo srm-260s and my stihl fs-110rx do that kind of crap, used to drive me nuts but I think it's one of those things teaches us patience, idk...

blueturtle241
04-02-2007, 05:36 PM
it runs fine cold, the problem occurs when its all warmed up

NewHorizon's Land
04-02-2007, 06:21 PM
What brand and what fuel mix?

richallseasons
04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I had this issue with a blower of mine, it would run fine at idle but the minute you gave it gas it would slow up and die, turns out that the gas line in the tank had developed a hairline crack that you could only find under close inspection, changed the line and filter and has been fine since.

SouthernGrace
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I have a Echo SRM-261T that does the same thing...after reading everything said I think I have a carb issue? Pleas let me know what fixes your issue when you get it fixed.

DiyDave
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
First thing I always check is the $3 sparkplug-I've had 'em have a insulator break so you can't see it. Next check the spark arrester in the muffler to see if it is stopped up. Check the fuel lines for kinks/cracks as mentioned earlier.:waving: :waving:

subs1000w
04-10-2007, 09:39 PM
if this just started the first time you tryed to use it this spring after sitting for a few months it might be carb diaphrams, id just replace the fuel line/filter and rebiuld the carb and see it that helps if not it could be a clogged spark arrester

Lynden-Jeff
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I had a similar issue with one of my srm 210's and it was due to a pinhole in the fuel line.

Cheers
Jeff

bskylark72
04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
have you cleaned screen in muffler

maxkicker
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
after i warm up the weedwacker, it will idle, but if i try to give it full throttle, it just bogs and shuts off...also last season i noticed that if i hold the weedwacker level it will run fine, but if i tilt the head down it stalls out. i have cleaned the carb out, checked the lines but cant figure it out....any suggestions welcome....thanks

like others have said check fuel lines ...but its more than likely the diaphram

SouthernGrace
04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Replaced spark plug, Air filter, fuel filter, and cleaned the carbon off screen and muffler haven't seen any holes in fuel line but will check tommorrow and replace to see if that fixes it. Thanks

spazfam
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
had a similiar problem with one of my trimmers, found the jug thats over the piston was loosening and it was sucking air. Took it apart put a new gasket on and it ran for a few weeks then started again...salvaged the good parts and combined with another trimmer with a good engine but broken shaft... works like a champ.

ChadsLawn
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
You may need to take the muffler off and clean the carbon out of the exhaust port. If you get any carbon in the cylinder, you need to take off the spark plug and blow the cylinder out.

SouthernGrace
04-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Cleaned carbon out, any suggestions other than dealer where I can get a new carb/kit for this model? echo srm-261t

ed2hess
04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Replaced spark plug, Air filter, fuel filter, and cleaned the carbon off screen and muffler haven't seen any holes in fuel line but will check tommorrow and replace to see if that fixes it. Thanks

And changed fuel filter I assume.....next take the protection cap off the one adjustment jet on the carb and turn it in a little. All these echo units change a little with time and that is why they have the adjustment. I have yet to see a case where carb change was needed if it was an adjustable carb, but may learn something new each day.

blueturtle241
04-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Ok so i finally got it running again...not sure what the problem was, just cleaned everything and used new fuel filter....the only thing is that it wont rev up like my other trimmer, like a two stroke should, (it was never run without proper mix so it is not cooked, believe me i've cooked em before) there are two ajustment on the top of the carb, are these air/fuel screws?
thanks

TGM
04-18-2007, 12:22 PM
compression could be low enough to run, but not run good.

PDLM21
09-23-2008, 12:03 PM
same problem here.... cleaned and reassembled both the carb(diaphragm looked fine) and exhaust. I think it has low compression. It is 4.5 yrs old. Did anybody ever find out exactly the problem and if it is worth the time/money?