PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do you spend on lawnsite a week ?

Mowman16
04-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I think I spend about 6hrs a week, I think it is the greatest thing that happened too the industry since ZTRs! :laugh: :laugh:

draftlawncare
04-01-2007, 09:56 PM
maybe 2 hours a year if that

fazzy815-66
04-01-2007, 10:02 PM
I seem to only be intrested in lawnsite before the season gets into full swing...once that happens you probably wont see me on here till next year!

WJW Lawn
04-01-2007, 10:41 PM
This is the best site on the planet! I wont lie...I spend too much of my off time here. The information and debate here is priceless

Matts lawn care
04-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I spend way too much time on here. I have had nothing to do in the winter. I only spend around 4 hours now tho.

nobagger
04-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I use to spend a little more time on here but IMO its gone down hill. I might spend maybe 1-3hrs a week. If I have a question I might pop in during the week, other than that I get too busy especially this time of year. When I first found this site there were a ton more pro's than newbi's and now... imo its 5-1 newbi's win, and theres nothing wrong with that but I tried to help out a few guys with my experiences and just got pretty much blown off. So oh well find out the hard way I guess.

captken
04-02-2007, 09:15 AM
I use to spend a little more time on here but IMO its gone down hill. I might spend maybe 1-3hrs a week. If I have a question I might pop in during the week, other than that I get too busy especially this time of year. When I first found this site there were a ton more pro's than newbi's and now... imo its 5-1 newbi's win, and theres nothing wrong with that but I tried to help out a few guys with my experiences and just got pretty much blown off. So oh well find out the hard way I guess.

I agree.

The archives are the most important feature. Lots of relevant information there, however, lots of folks want to be spoon fed and will not use the search feature before starting a new thread, so most of what are new posts aren't new and have already been hashed and rehashed over and over again, same old, same old.

...a case of letting the blind lead the blind.

Runs the pros off IMOP. Very little of whats left is informative. It's like scanning the headlines of a newspaper, finding little of intrest and decidint not to buy it. My 2 cents worth, kenny.

Daner
04-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I have Lawnsite on while I'm In the shop here...so Its a multi task kinda thing.

Good way to spend my spare time,while i'm In the thinking Mode...I had No Idea that this kinda thing excisted,till last year.

I don't think theres anything wrong with some one spending alot of time on Lawnsite...Compare It to a university student...look at the time he/she will spend, with there noses In books.

Lawnsite Is a great place to gather Information...or discuss a mater that you have encountered or just share your oppinions.

Go ahead...call me a lawnsite junkie.:waving:

cantoo
04-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I likely spend at least 20 hours a week. It's a part time job for me. I usually check new posts every night. I work on a laptop for work so if I am at my desk I also have my desktop on with Lawnsite on. I don't post alot unless it's something I can help with. That and a couple of smart azz answers once in awhile. I don't have time to check out new equipment at Dealers so I can do research here.
I also buy and sell alot so I am online checking auction sites too. Gotta do something to justify writing off my office, internet and computer expenses.

mkwl
04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I'd say I probably spend around 6 hours a week on here in the spring-fall, only around 1 hour a week in the winter.

Precision
04-02-2007, 08:10 PM
just depends. sometimes I spend half a day putzing around on the areas I normally don't look at.

Other times its 15 minutes and out.

I probably should get a new girlfriend or a hobby or something.

KS_Grasscutter
04-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I voted 12+.... but I am afraid that is kinda an understatement:hammerhead: :laugh: .

cantoo
04-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I just spent another 5 hours online several here the rest doing "real" work. Gonna shut it down early tonight usually I stay on until midnight. Tired of "paperwork' and nothing good to read anymore.