PDA

View Full Version : New Walkbehind

JayD
04-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I have a new w/b and have two questions for you to help me with.
1- How do you go about getting your w/b up onto curbs? Do you use 2x4's to ramp it up or what is your thought on it.
2- I am having trouble keeping my w/b tied down unto the trailer. I have now used two different straps and both will end up off before I get to where I'm going. My second ones are 2" heavy duty. There is not a good way to tie down a w/b on a 5x10 trailer. The way that I have it is two straps on each side going from the front to the back. They go over the tires. You can't put one over the screen cage because it would smash down. What do you all do?
Thank you for any replies.
JayD:dizzy:

nobagger
04-01-2007, 11:18 PM
First off what kinda of w/b.
I usually just lift the mower until the the rear tires hit the curb then bring the rear tires to the curb then let up on the brake and ease it up and over the curb. As far as securing it, I just use to tie it down with 4 thumb lock canvas type tie-downs.

JayD
04-01-2007, 11:56 PM
First off what kinda of w/b.
I usually just lift the mower until the the rear tires hit the curb then bring the rear tires to the curb then let up on the brake and ease it up and over the curb. As far as securing it, I just use to tie it down with 4 thumb lock canvas type tie-downs.

It's a EXMARK 52" Turftracer HD
And I use the same tie downs as you. I have put the mower right over the axles and now about 1' in front of axle. ( the rear tiers of the w/b that is )and they just want to bounce around until they come off.

Swampy
04-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I get the front casters up then go at a angle with the rears.

CandCLandscaping
05-06-2007, 02:33 AM
back up the curb at a 45 degree angle, at least thats the best way i know of.

ed2hess
05-06-2007, 02:24 PM
We carry a 2x10 board mounted on the mower and use that.....much easier if it is a hydro you can get up/down without the board but hard on wheel motors.

JayD
05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Update:
I have found out what to do to keep the mower on the trailer. I screwed down some 1" X 2 " wood stock in a square shape just around where the back wheels sit on the trailer leaving about 1/4" spacing around each wheel. So when I drive the mower up and set the back wheels in the squares than strap down the mower using heavey duty 2" straps ( two ). The now stays very well put. The wood keeps it in place so wheels have no where to bounce to.
I hope that this may help some one else.

Jay's Lawncare
05-07-2007, 03:25 AM
Update:
I have found out what to do to keep the mower on the trailer. I screwed down some 1" X 2 " wood stock in a square shape just around where the back wheels sit on the trailer leaving about 1/4" spacing around each wheel. So when I drive the mower up and set the back wheels in the squares than strap down the mower using heavey duty 2" straps ( two ). The now stays very well put. The wood keeps it in place so wheels have no where to bounce to.
I hope that this may help some one else.

Prolockers or fastraps work well too