PDA

View Full Version : This Sucks!!!

Gatewayuser
04-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Man this blows I have lots of mowing and jobs to do this week the weather was going to be nice. Guess what now they are saying the temps are going to go from 80 on Tuesday to 47 on Wed then Thur a mix of rain and snow with Saturday snow showers and in the 30s! I thought we were in the clear but I am ready for snow still. I have sooo many lawns that need cut so tomorrow will be a bear!!!:cry: :cry:

corey4671
04-01-2007, 10:53 PM
brother be glad you're getting SOME sort of precip...rain would have to get lost and ask for directions for us to get any around here! I hasn't rained here in probably three weeks.

Gatewayuser
04-01-2007, 10:54 PM
brother be glad you're getting SOME sort of precip...rain would have to get lost and ask for directions for us to get any around here! I hasn't rained here in probably three weeks.

I am sorry to hear that! We have gotten so much rain and snow/ice this year its very wet!

LindblomRJ
04-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I hasn't rained here in probably three weeks.

Try a whole season. Try several seasons with out any measurable rain.

I know the feeling. At least around here its still early.

robbo521
04-01-2007, 11:35 PM
whats rain?we had 6 drops today.this has got to be the dryest i have ever seen it.

deyoe1118
04-01-2007, 11:59 PM
At least you are out...I was planning on spring clean ups this week but we still have some snow piles on the ground and it is going to rain ALL week...

topsites
04-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Yup, same here, no rain for a good 3-4 weeks now, I am starting to feel so frustrated.
Maybe this is what I deserve for talking too much trash, idk...

Great wet winter but just like last year, come spring and nada, little sporadic 'test' sprinkles is all we get for months...
I so hope this is not a repeat of last year but am already tightening up the ole belt, son of a gun.

Scag48
04-02-2007, 02:42 AM
I think it's funny how nobody back east cuts in the rain. Come out to the PNW and bring a rain suit, let's go mowin'.

rodfather
04-02-2007, 05:39 AM
I think it's funny how nobody back east cuts in the rain.

we do as long as there isn't lightening

MacPhersonlawn
04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
We mow in the rain until the ground gets to soft for the Z. Many lawns cannot stand up to a heavy mower after substantial rain and you can do a great deal of damage.

TNT Lawncare
04-03-2007, 12:29 AM
We are mowing here now, about 2 weeks early. So much for getting all those cleanups and mulch jobs done before hand.

4curbappeal
04-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Man this blows I have lots of mowing and jobs to do this week the weather was going to be nice. Guess what now they are saying the temps are going to go from 80 on Tuesday to 47 on Wed then Thur a mix of rain and snow with Saturday snow showers and in the 30s! I thought we were in the clear but I am ready for snow still. I have sooo many lawns that need cut so tomorrow will be a bear!!!:cry: :cry:

I feel your pain brother! At least the Reds are 1-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4curbappeal
04-03-2007, 02:01 AM
We mow in the rain until the ground gets to soft for the Z. Many lawns cannot stand up to a heavy mower after substantial rain and you can do a great deal of damage.

Thanks Einstien!

chipk1
04-03-2007, 08:56 AM
4 inches of rain the whole year here. Cough - cough. Mowing yards that don't have irrigation looks like a dust devil when mowing!

goodgreen
04-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, there's about 2 " of snow on my deck right now. Was right in the middle of several spring cleanups but I guess I'll drag the snowblower back out if this keeps up!

mowahman
04-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Brought the trucks back to the shop, gonna take the plows off and do S/C/U this week. This winter we never really plowed anything until V-day, then 2 other times since. NOW.....it's snowing!!!! Git a "wintery mix" early Monday Am. then changed to rain. Tues....more rain, then drizzle until 4 Pm. Got up to another "wintery mix" this morning. Now plows are on, trucks ready to plow. My summer was WAY TOO SHORT!!!! Just think, now we have to wait another week for everything to dry out...