PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander feedback

CustomKare
04-02-2007, 12:46 AM
I have the WRIGHT Stander and the WRIGHT Sentar and they are great machines but......I'm not happy with the cut on residential lawns. Taller grass needs to be double cut. I've tried gator blades and kept em sharp.

Any other WRIGHT owners out there that had the problem but made corrections?

smcunningham
04-02-2007, 01:10 AM
I would like to know this also considering purchasing a wright sentar 52'

CustomKare
04-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Sm, you won't be disappointed in the Sentar if we can get a better grade of cut for residentials.

My first machine was a sentar and I yanked the seat off because I feel you move faster and are more aware of surroundings and possible hazards. The new Stander has the height adjustment so I would look at the Stander and save a few bucks over the Sentar.
God luck!

Liquidfast
04-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Make sure the deck is adjusted 100% properly. We had that issue and the deck adjustment worked it out.

LawnGuy73
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Don't know about the Sentar, but I have never had any problems with my Stander. When it comes to a zero turn, I personally would'nt buy anything else.

bwilder10h
04-02-2007, 01:59 PM
I cut for the first time with my brand new 52" stander yesterday (rained Saturday). I have to say I did not experience any problems cutting off the better part of 4" at full speed all day... this thing is a beast and the cut is awesome. I will never cut with anything else and can't believe I mowed for two years without it...

I got home and told my wife "I bet 90% of the guys mowing for a living with walk-behinds like I did, would crap if they tried one of these for a day"

ed2hess
04-02-2007, 07:30 PM
We run the Sentar Sport and the blades are very very important....we use a Scag flat blade that sharpens almost all the way to the middle. Wright don't even have a blade but they recommended the scag and it worked. We mulch with outlet closed and double cutting is second nature to our business due to the amount of leaves in the spring for several months.