PDA

View Full Version : Advantages hydro WB vs ZTR

accentlc
07-27-2001, 12:37 AM
What are the advantages, disadvantages of a hydro wb with a castering sulkie over a ztr?

Administrator
07-27-2001, 02:57 AM
Do a search. This has been covered over and over, time and again.

Bob_McNaughton
07-27-2001, 01:16 PM
Walking sucks overall - especially doing it 10-20 lawns per day.

Question answered.

Esby
07-27-2001, 03:15 PM
I'm in the process of selling my Exmark walkbehind right now because I am buying a new Lazer Z, they are just sooo nice. I have a velky for it, but it doesn't compare to the speed of a ZTR or the comfort of the ride. They both have their place, but in my mind, I'm gonna stick the the new Lazer Z.

toffees3
07-27-2001, 03:22 PM
The ztr's are much faster and more effective. But when there are lots of trees and low branches i would take the walk behind. Plus you can Fit more wb on your trailer!

Kent Lawns
07-27-2001, 03:49 PM
Few people actually walk behind their walk-behind mowers.
~It's time they get a new name.

We use 60" WB mowers (Exmark TT 23hp) and they are faster than a ZTR (60") in MOST cases.

WB's are so much lighter and they're much quicker and more nimble and easier on turf in highly landscaped areas.

We acutally pay LESS for our ZTRs (Toro 23/62) than our WBs (Exmark 23/60 w/ Jungle Wheel) so go figure....

Once they're out of warranty, we update the WB Hydro package and update tire/rims to increase ground speed to match a ZTR.

Riding around on a ZTR is always more comfortable, though...

Eric ELM
07-27-2001, 04:25 PM
Kent Lawns, what state are you from? Could you fill in your location in your profile so we all know? If you don't know how, email me your location and I will fill it in for you. We only need the state or what part of the state you are in, but the town is helpful too. :)

LAWNGODFATHER
08-06-2001, 08:05 AM
A W/B is going to be able to mow hills you canít get a ZTR on safely

They both have their pluses and minuses, but look at what you need that particular mower to do, and then see what mower will fill your needs

In most cases a W/B is going to be cheaper than a ZTR, but may not be as productive as a ZTR

Price should not be an issue it should be productivity

Or as they say an all around use mower.

Not one you wonít be able to use on a big percentage of your accounts

You will have to look at you accounts and see whether a W/B or a ZTR is going to be needed

LGF:blob1:

awm
08-06-2001, 08:38 AM
i know i personally would like to see more walk behinds on the lco trucks. seems like there is a glut of ztr s out there.
red green yellow orange,there everywhere.:D

Calvin
08-06-2001, 07:23 PM
Posted by Bob

"Walking sucks overall-especially doing it 10 to 20 lawns per day. Question answered."

Ever hear of a Velke?

kutnkru
08-06-2001, 07:27 PM
Weight would be a factor ...
Quality of Cut would be a factor ...
Purchasing Budget would be a factor ...
Terrain in question overall, would be a factor ....

Kris

edward hedrick
08-06-2001, 08:20 PM
Let me add a third choice, Scag sthm or Exmark turf ranger
They are faster than a wb and safer than a Z on hills. I demoed a
Exmark Z lost control on a down hill.

LJ lawn
08-06-2001, 09:32 PM
i personally don't like to collect grass.BUT when you must or have to do a leaf clean up job i'll take my z's anyday over wasting time with a walk behind -been there -done that.(unless it's equipped with a trak-vac).

awm
08-07-2001, 09:53 AM
HI EDWARD sorry you had the bad experience when you demod the z. they really take some operator experience to do hills.
been their done that. laterTM