PDA

View Full Version : Help me

hubb
07-27-2001, 01:34 AM
I have several apartment complexes that I mow once a week. Last week I mowed all but one of them. The manager called me and wasn't very pleased with me, to say the least. I didn't mow that one because I didn't think it needed it. The week before I was cutting dust. It did rain since last Monday when I was supposed to cut, but I thought we had an understanding that if it didn't need cutting that I wouldn't do it. I put a bid in on another complex owned by the same company but not managed be the same guy. I just want to make him know that this wont happen again and would like to be assured that he doesn't bad mouth me to the other manager. How can I make it up to him? Any ideas would be appreciated, as I don't want to lose this account or not get others because of a misunderstanding.

awm
07-27-2001, 07:12 AM
my guess is the manager was laying ground rules.now you
know what he expects .if you are doing good work youll probably be okay.watch for subtle request ,if you know what i mean.
then decide if you want that kinda buisiness.

GrassMaster
07-27-2001, 12:17 PM
Hello Everybody:

What you think & what the Property Manager thinks are 2 different things. I bet if you look over the Property, there will be at least one place the grass is twice as tall or twice as thick. This is probably what they saw or either Mrs. Mindseverybodyelsesbusiness that lives at 4377 #A complained to the Property Manager! "Squak - Squak this place looks like the Dickens" LOL

When you allow yourself to be put in a situation where you decide it needs to be cut or not, this is exactly what happens. Don't put your self in this kinda situation because Shinola Happens!

Believe me, I've been in a situation like this one time before. It's a Loose - Loose Situation.

You had good intentions & was trying to help, butt it did no good?

Put the Monkey on their back & say "I cut on Scheduled basis & if you don't think it needs cutting, Please give me 3 days notice!" This will not Happen again & if it does Oh Well it was the decision of the Property Manager, NOT YOURS!

Kent Lawns
07-27-2001, 04:11 PM
If in doubt, DO THE WORK.

If there is a lesson here: PROACTIVELY COMMUNICATE W/ YOUR CUSTOMERS!

Craig Turf Management
07-27-2001, 07:35 PM
Listen to GrassMaster's advice, then kiss whatever you have to to get in the good graces of the PM again.
Bill Craig

bobbygedd
07-28-2001, 12:31 AM
i would not suggest the customer call on 3 days notice and tell me not to cut, you are then just creating another potential problem. what if he decides that he just wants to save a couple bucks this month and calls u off when it really should have been cut, then next time u go u r bustin yur butt to cut it. i would word it that cutting will be every week, and skipped during drought periods, only at my discretion.

hubb
07-28-2001, 07:09 AM
Thanks everybody for their input. Thats what I love about this site, you can always get an answer. That's really cool:D